I R NEW GLD PLZ giveaway ideas

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
WiseOne

I R NEW GLD PLZ giveaway ideas

Post by WiseOne »

Hail All!

Having correctly predicted Millerisfuntoplay's generous NBA sweepstake, I would like to take my prize and pass it on to someone more deserving.

The purpose of this post is to get ideas on how to properly help out a new player.

I will take the 10k won + add another 10k (donations welcome) and I want YOU to tell me what is the best way to help a new player get started with 20k in gold.

The most interesting ideas will be compiled into a poll to decide on the top idea which will then be initiated by me (and any party willing to help out).

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Last edited by WiseOne on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Jupiter

Re: I R NEW GOLD PLZ giveaway ideas

Post by Jupiter »

hmm.

Get the gold onto a live creature (like a rat man, harpy, white wyrm, anything that rummages). to get the gold on it simply make a corpse, drop gold in it and let the said creature 'rummage' the corpse. Then take the new player out to slay the beast and recover the 'lost' items.

You can also add items and such to the corpses this way or a BOAT ;)

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Jupiter's thoughts make me think how it would be pretty funny to drop a new player off in ratman valley saying, "One of these ratmen has 10k. Have fun."
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Clever and funny, keep them coming!
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

SteelReserve

Post by SteelReserve »

Are we thinking of ways to Give the new player the gold, or are we thinking of what you should spend 20k on to best help the noob start out?

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Steel Reserve wrote:Are we thinking of ways to Give the new player the gold, or are we thinking of what you should spend 20k on to best help the noob start out?
Either one is good. The final goal is to figure out (and execute) the best way to use 20k to get a new player going. It could be a fun idea like the ones above or something more practical like making a newbie package which includes all the items a new player would need to start on a journey of becoming a full pledged, regular UOSA member.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Use the 20k to buy FF and GHeal regs and get several new players to 55 resist.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

I will donate some cash so we can get this up from 20k. Let's get a small deed and throw it in a bag then get some creature to rummage a corpse for it and then let the newbs loose. Would be a quite pleasant surprise.

Let me know.

Galendae

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I like the idea of leaving super loot on a monster but the problem is that if anyone other than the new players found out they would camp the area. I could make it a scavenger hunt and PM clues to a few new players that sign up in advance.

As for Pirul's idea, I was thinking of making one of my placed smalls into a support house for a new player, placing all the useful house add-ons and using the 20k or more to make a start up package which includes reagents and a few GM suits + weapons. I would co-own the player to that house and it would then be on the player to go out and use all the stuff in an effort to become an established player. Just a rough idea so keep yours coming!
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

You spelled GOLD wrong, I believe it is spelled "GLD" although I am not the foremost authority on that. You may want to do some source checking on that one...

:D

WiseOne

Re: I R NEW GLD PLZ giveaway ideas

Post by WiseOne »

Fail corrected. Thanks Rose :D
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=37387&start=22

A competition that any newbie could certainly participate in (since all they need to do is make a specific tinker build and they are ready to go) ;). I think it'd be a fun thing, but they would definitely need to go through a short tutorial on the basics locking skills, combat, spellcasting, and tinker trapping. I say "but" there, however, technically I think that this required tutorial would in fact add a lot to the experience ;).
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Samorite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Samorite »

Since I am the only noob who has bothered to answer to this thread give it to me?

And yes it will be used to gain magery & resist, jeees tis hard work lol

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Use the funds to pay for supplies and host newbie training sessions in the guild hall. Always keep yourself or another friended guild mate handy to ban the unsavory but we could easily setup a fire field walk and some boxed in paladins. I've got a couple GM healers I could setup with an automated Target Nearest macro for healing folks to support it.

Guild hall is a nice short run from Britain and not too far from decent farming. ;)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

This is all very good, thanks everyone. I am currently playing around with both ideas to combine a scavenger quest which leads to some sort of physical/ combat test involving other players and possibly some NPCs and monsters involved. Making it a group thing would definitely be more fun because then several new people can experience questing, working together and of course getting rewarded for all of it.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠