Monster Breaking boxes--One at a time?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Monster Breaking boxes--One at a time?

Post by the bazookas »

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/1998_Patch_Notes wrote: Monsters will pick up and destroy items that block them as follows:
  • The item must be moveable.
  • The creature cannot be a pet.
  • The item cannot be locked down.
  • The item must be impassable.
  • Monsters can destroy an item anytime.
  • Human NPCs must be attacking someone to destroy an item.
  • Animals must be attacking someone to destroy an item.
  • The creatures will destroy stacked items one at a time.
I want to emphasize that last point "one at a time"; In my experience on UOSA, even a stack of 50 blocking items will instantaneously be wiped out if a monster walks on it. Is this accurate, or should the monster destroy one per server "tick" (0.25 seconds), or perhaps one per attempted monster movement onto that square?
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Monster Breaking boxes--One at a time?

Post by Roser »

The creature cannot be a pet.
How about this too?

Currently pet Dragons and Wyrms break impassable items... (others as well?)

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

I don't know that I've seen tamed dragons / white wyrms break boxes (I don't have or see tamers too often), but I have seen released ones do it. Are you sure that tamed ones break the boxes too?
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Positive 100%

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

I played pre-t2a and uptill they released the 3d client then i ran for the hills, and in my old memory (I wasn't ''that'' young then) dragon would break most containers back then but to tame we would bug the boxes with forges/spinning wheels. back in the day you would go to ice where the two WW spawn and block that corner with some small chests with a spinning wheel in each. It would bug it and make it unbreakable, no other items worked like heater stands etc. the greifs would run in and take your boxes from the ground releasing two WW on you. or two invisible animals would work with gm magery, i think it was above there detect level.

also why don't you gain anatomy when healing? and no eval int when using magery?/animal lore when taming/vetting?
t2a was and should be easy to gain some of these skills

back then for anatomy+healing / lore+vet or taming you would set both skills to up, then heal/tame a target, if you got anatomy/animal lore gain you locked healing/vet/taming and every click would give a gain. once gain streak stopped you started again looking for that passive gain. you would keep main skill low for best results......

it worked any passive skill doing it ie music from peace/provoke animal lore from taming/vet/?herding? not sure on herding the passive you gained.

all the craft skills and carto got neft'd going to skill based and timer added to making maps..

meditation should passive gain aswell, if you can lock items down items in a house then you should beable to do these bugs too, all released in early t2a patches.

or am i off on the years? soo many patches... looking back now this game was too advanced for it's time and is still a real game unlike all these browser/F2P/angery birds of todays gamers.

Please if this had already been said and you deem it wrong then sorry

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

We all have encountered something (many things) that we "remember" being one way during t2a, but the UOSA staff and players have done significant research to make things how they were at a specific cut-off date (the Nov 23 1999 patch) with a few exceptions, and they have done an excellent job. However, there still remains many things that are known and need to be implemented, as well as some things that just have not come to light. I believe most of the things you have mentioned have been looked into and their current mechanics (for that cutoff date) are supported by patch notes / newsgroup posts, etc, but feel free to search around the forums / patch notes yourself. Passive gain in particular is something that definitely did not exist at that time in T2A.

I also don't remember there ever being a double white wyrm location :P...

Also, you could pick up spinning wheels before? I don't remember that heheh.

In any case, This post is a great place to start ;)

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

the bazookas wrote:We all have encountered something (many things) that we "remember" being one way during t2a, but the UOSA staff and players have done significant research to make things how they were at a specific cut-off date (the Nov 23 1999 patch) with a few exceptions, and they have done an excellent job. However, there still remains many things that are known and need to be implemented, as well as some things that just have not come to light. I believe most of the things you have mentioned have been looked into and their current mechanics (for that cutoff date) are supported by patch notes / newsgroup posts, etc, but feel free to search around the forums / patch notes yourself. Passive gain in particular is something that definitely did not exist at that time in T2A.

I also don't remember there ever being a double white wyrm location :P...

Also, you could pick up spinning wheels before? I don't remember that heheh.

In any case, This post is a great place to start ;)
i did have a look at the link before i added that but not a massive look over thb... passive skills got added during t2a....didn't have them during beta/pre lost lands. surely they gained passively. the 2 WW used to be in the back, got changed to one spawn at some point because bards macro'd on the ledge with the said blocking crates. after some memory searching it wasn't spinning wheels it was stretched hides, the type the become static once you bust the chest/crate. I used to be a big contrbutor on askchopper.com if thats still going? I found the bug with BODs when they came out if you had 124 items a full BOD and weight from 280-340 you could drop BOD on NPC it would give gold but no room for items and would give bod back. pack horse next to you/uoassist macro ''pick item (bodID),drop xxx xxx,wait 20,pick type gold, drop xxx xxx(open pack horse) loop'' LMFAO i made billions in about 5 days with multi chars then i release to public on askchopper.com ''Jimm's Unlimited Gold bug'' EA had to close all servers and make emergence patch ''patch to fix exploit with packhorse'' pack horse was just so you didn't have to bank every 4k lol nothing to do with bug

please someone remeber this so i dont sound like a dick lol

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

jimm, you might want to go read patch notes. Passive gains were not added until 9 March 2000.
9 March 2000 wrote:In addition, certain “secondary” skills will raise when using an associated skill (similar to the way tactics increases while using a combat skill). You will need to mark a skill as “up” in order for it raise in this manner.

Evaluate Intelligence can raise when Magery is used.
Anatomy can raise when either a melee skill or the healing skill is used.
Lumberjacking can raise when using an axe in melee.
Meditation can raise whenever mana is regenerated.
Hiding can raise when Stealthing.
Detect Hidden can raise when attempting to pick a lock when a chest is trapped or when disarming a trap.
Animal Lore can raise when attempting to Tame.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE