Hey there- First day UO player here on the shard (Atlantic)

Topics related to Second Age
Sinnexx/Reeves
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Hey there- First day UO player here on the shard (Atlantic)

Post by Sinnexx/Reeves »

Hey, all.

first of all, after these years, it was extremely surprising (and refreshing) to see a shard of this nature in 2012. I played this game when I was 19 until about 23 years old...from literally the first day the game came out on the Atlantic Shard until the end of the t2a when the game started to go in what I considered a downhill direction.

I was literally one of the top 10 richest people on the Atlantic Shard when I quit (at least landwise). I had a house in guard protection (really early you could build them there before an early OSI patch fixed it) in Britain, a two story east of Britain, a tower out near yew, a castle east of Britain next to my two story (near the Bog), and several other small houses throughout the world (I got my houses grandfathered in to me when OSI started limiting the number per account). I had 6 multi GM chars including my 7 x GM "Reeves Vonador"/tankmage with sword/tact...the only remnant of that account and character is a google search where you can find a "whispering rose from Reeves Vonador" - lol...sold my castle and most of my items to other players of the time and quit for EQ...never looking back until a short time in Age of Shadows when I discovered the game had taken a turn for the worse. Man, t2a and earlier was the best days of this game. I still remember the Atlantic greats of the time such as Prop, Ibn Shaun, Yorik, Shera, Annihilus, Tarek Bin Ziad and Sylia Stingray just to name a few, and many of the PKer's including the MERCS, AoD...Babamonkey, Trajan...etc...even the annoying but occasionaly helpful and ever entertaining Isobel. I never was much of a PK outright, but I did bust up several during my time, and I could definitely hold my own against most any... At the time, my buddy Prop had a sword BLUE in color that was called "Syrem's Razor" and I myself had a full set of solid black plate mail from a special GM event where these baddies came out...it wasn't your typical black plate...and I can't remember what it was called... but it was SICK...

In any case, those days are long past, and now I'm doing ok to work on my new main char (Sinnexx) who will be a tank mage here. If anyone wants a history lesson the Atlantic shard, let me know! haha. I am now working on my getting cash up for a large house (preferably tower or better) though I'm sure if that hapens I'll have to buy it off another players as there doesn't appear to be a ton of room on this shard for that sort of thing, being that the shard has a few years on it.

I would just like to say that I hope to play here a long time and I look forward to once again becoming viable and having fun killing/getting killed. Hell, Jesus Christ and Pope Benedict already saw to that when I was out farming as an apprentice mage out near the Fire SHrine..lol...good times good times...Who knew we had such famous religious folks here? :) Anyways, thanks also to Jackko, Kaine, and Pickles so far for helping me get on my feet here. My char isn't ready for serious combat yet, but he will be. I have a ton of screenshots from my old char if anyone would like to see them...in the castle, etc... I also had full inv plate and a set of every viking sword from the first level of magic up through vanquishing, not to mention the tons of rares OSI kept giving me each year due to my account tenure, and literally tons of other cool stuff from the era.
See you all around...

Sinnexx formerly "Reeves Vonador" of the Atlantic shard
Last edited by Sinnexx/Reeves on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jupiter

Re: Hey there- First day UO player here on the shard (Atlant

Post by Jupiter »

Sinnexx/Reeves wrote:Sinnexx formerly "Reeves Vonador" of the Atlantic shard

Welcome to UOSA!

I can't help myself, the timing of your post is far too convenient. I must use it as a plug for the upcoming event. Please come attend the event at Reeve's manor. By hear of your tale, it might perhaps pale in comparison to your previous stately fortunes, however we hope you will be pleased with our meager treasures.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=40330

Sinnexx/Reeves
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Sinnexx/Reeves »

I should be able to attend...please PM me the details...I read the posts about the first 10 interested...I may miss just the start, but should be able to attend most if not all!

thanks again.

Sinnexx

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Sinnexx/Reeves wrote:I should be able to attend...please PM me the details...I read the posts about the first 10 interested...I may miss just the start, but should be able to attend most if not all!

thanks again.

Sinnexx
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=40329

Details ^^

Event will be running for a few days even after the initial opening

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Welcome to the shard!

Sounds like you already know your way around quite well, but I would still recommend you at least glance through this new player tutorial (lots of pro-tips / links to how to train certain skills most effectively).

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=36806
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

This post was moved by the tyrant moderator of Tales of Adventure to a forum he felt more appropriate. Welcome to UOSA!

Valen

Post by Valen »

<--- Brother Feneus, AoD.

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

Welcome to the shard Reeves.

I too played Atlantic and distinctly remember your character, especially your plate (screenshot would be appreciated, it was awesome).

My character on Atlantic was METH and another was JaymeisteR (not the name I chose, I inherited JaymeisteR - long story). I mostly hung out at the Britain x-roads.

Look me up in game. I am Rykker/Ultimo Hombre. Glad to have you here.

Sinnexx/Reeves
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Sinnexx/Reeves »

Jaymeister and Feneus, I remember you both... I appreciate the warm welcome. I will most definitely look you up and I'll dig out some of my old burnt CDs with the "Shadow Lord" plate on...I think that's what it was called back then...I'll find them this weekend.

Thanks again--

Sinnexx/Reeves

Blaine the Gypsy

Post by Blaine the Gypsy »

Welcome to the retirement home
UOSA: Village of Paws - Gypsy Tribe of Spirituality - "Ignavus"
UO: LS guilds [Red] [Rx2] [OMEN] HC member/co-creator
Drach wGt Gypsy Village

faber

Post by faber »

Blaine the Gypsy wrote:Welcome to the retirement home
I'd say we're more like a Florida timeshare.

KublaiKhan
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by KublaiKhan »

I played Atlantic/Europa 98-2004/5. I was Flik AnEliteNinja AnEliteTamer- KublaiKhan GhengisKhan. I was with HOT Cyn DEI at the end of my times. Characters can still be seen on EA servers sold my account.

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

KublaiKhan wrote:I played Atlantic/Europa 98-2004/5. I was Flik AnEliteNinja AnEliteTamer- KublaiKhan GhengisKhan. I was with HOT Cyn DEI at the end of my times. Characters can still be seen on EA servers sold my account.
I remember GhengisKhan. Glad to see some old Atl players here.

Velner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Velner »

Welcome to the shard! I also played Atlantic, but it was from 2001-2006ish. Although I do not know your buddy Prop, I DO remember seeing that sword being wielded by a man at the Moonglow Trammel Moongate. I never saw it again and was perplexed by how such an item came to be. Pretty cool to finally learn 11 years later. :P Hope to see you in game and enjoy UOSA.

-Velner.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Sinexx/Reeves said:
I was literally one of the top 10 richest people on the Atlantic Shard when I quit
Doesn't matter anymore... Welcome to Secondage
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit