Rules: How Not to Break Them.

Moderator: Support Moderators

donutboy.theerik

Rules: How Not to Break Them.

Post by donutboy.theerik »

I am fairly new to this shard and really enjoy playing here. But after a recent trip to the GM Prison, I thought I'd come to the forums and get some clarity to prevent further violations. Ignorance is no excuse, so I'm lookin' to get educated.

Rules as posted on the site:
*We allow unattended macroing with Razor (Download Here)
*You may not gather resources or items unattended. This includes mining, lumberjacking, lockpicking in dungeons, cotton pickin', and fishing in deep water.

Pretty straight forward. But I'd like to clear up some grey areas.

My Original Crime:
I was using a macro that would use lumber jacking whenever a tree was located at (0,1) to me. It would continuously gather from the tree, and after all the wood was gone my character would say "Whew!". I would then move my character to a new tree and start the macro again. I was using this in the woods west of Britain, when I was suddenly teleported to a holding cell and was told "No EasyUO" and as long as I promised to not use "EasyUO" I would be able to leave. I apologized and was set free.

I did some research to find out what EasyUO meant and discovered the old program. I had never heard of the program nor have I used the program or any of its macro scripts. I then deleted my macro and now use a razor macro that only double clicks on my tool. I am sure there are much friendlier gathering macros, but I really don't want to get known as a bad seed.

My questions are:
How unattended is unattended gathering? As in a macro that would take a specific tree or mining spot and collect it all with one button push. If you are there to activate it, are there to continue moving the character after the node is depleted, is it a violation?
Also, Razor has the option to Auto-stack Ore/Fish/Logs at feet. Since unattended macros for skill raising are allowed, had that option been on in my original woodland scenario, would I have been in the good graces of the GM?

I hope I have posted this in the correct place. I enjoy the responsiveness of the community and don't want to be known as a rule breaker/jerk.

Thanks.

Derrick

Re: Rules: How Not to Break Them.

Post by Derrick »

If you are sitting in front of your pc, even playing on a different character or doing some thing else you are in our definition attending the macro as long as you actually glace over at the client once in a while.

I apologize if you were pulled away if you were actually sitting there pushing buttons. A staff member, if he suspects unattended gathering will usually reveal themselves and try to get your attention before jailing you. If you do get inadvertandly jailed just be sure to send us a page as soon as you get back.

The autostack feature in Razor is allowed to be used attended but is still considered gathering resources, it is still injecting new items into the shard. Someone could just as easily come up behind you and pick up your boards or ore, having the same effect as if you'd kept them for yourself.

The exception to unattended gathering is fishing from shore which is permitted to be done unattended.

donutboy.theerik

Re: Rules: How Not to Break Them.

Post by donutboy.theerik »

Thanks for the clarification!

Return to “New Player Help”