Which houses are safe from the LOS bug?

Topics related to Second Age
[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Which houses are safe from the LOS bug?

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

WiseOne wrote:Sorry I should have said secure castle courtyard.

This is in reference to someone having marked runes to another person's castle courtyard.

If you own a castle and no one has marked runes to your courtyard then you would say it is a secure castle courtyard.

I am not sure but this LOS bug might work with teleport in which case no one's courtyard is secure since this bug was discovered. Not sure though so don't quote me on it :P
You can successfully target but as we have 'No teleporting in castle courtyards' you do not move in. If done correctly you get the message 'You cannot teleport here'. You can cast EV's into courtyards though.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Gafron

Post by Gafron »

Halbu wrote:Anyone who does this knowing it hurts the server, is either a sociopath or so dumbed down that they're amused by killing an AFK player. That's like crappy AI. Go kill weak NPC's, you get the same death sound and can even loot some stuff.
UO showed there are a lot of people who let their inner socio/psychopath come out to play when there are little, to no, controlling consequences for bad behavior, so anyone familiar with the game through T2A should not be suprised douchebags walk Britannia.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Kaivan said:
historical information is rarely 100% positive
really... is that in any way shape or form necessary in this thread? Sounds to me more like a dinner table fairy tale! lol edomites just love trying to manipulate your interpretation of reality. In-game, heck even IRL.
Last edited by Guerrilla on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

and for the record, the whole LOS house killing thing, is more of an exploit than a bug.
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Guerrilla wrote:Kaivan said:
historical information is rarely 100% positive
really... is that in any way shape or form necessary in this thread? Sounds to me more like a dinner table fairy tale! lol edomites just love trying to manipulate your interpretation of reality. In-game, heck even IRL.
It is because some players are demanding that I provide 100% absolute proof of LoS, which is not possible to provide for any mechanic without going back in time and actually showing it in action. All mechanics are to the best of our knowledge, and expecting some greater proof of a mechanic because it is something undesirable is a double standard.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

kaivan i respect all your hard work u have put into this shard already but i think you should rlly fix that exploit.
no one will come to uosa and say WHAT THE HELL NO LoS BUG HERE?! NEA ILL QUIT THIS FUK SHARD!
no one ever heared about this before...

i hardly understand why this is still in after i took a half year break. this crap is bullshit in so many ways.
its not like asking for some unicorn ethy its all about to feel the way it was, iam still confused as f* when i have to worry about that LoS shit.
i started to play uo with my brother in 99 and saw a lot of exploits in my life. my brother even duped using the black holes, but i never heared about such a exploit.
anyways it does not matter and should not matter what i "think is right" and thats the best part on this shard. just keep in mind how this is totaly against the feeling of t2a.
pce
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Macroing in a small works..
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

Boondock_Saint wrote:Macroing in a small works..
i never said it does not work scurvy bro. and i do know that its fun for you to make use of this exploit and kill nublets all over the map.
my point was that this is not how i remember the housing situation in t2a at all.
i can macro in a small yes, but iam forced to do so which is not rlly enjoyable since its not how it used to be for the last 13 years.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Arsen wrote:
i never said it does not work scurvy bro. and i do know that its fun for you to make use of this exploit and kill nublets all over the map.
my point was that this is not how i remember the housing situation in t2a at all.
i can macro in a small yes, but iam forced to do so which is not rlly enjoyable since its not how it used to be for the last 13 years.
Its how maybe a handful of people remember it and they most likely hardly used it...fearing a ban. It is unfortunate.

Its like when you go back to that favorite spot of your childhood and find out everything wasn't as it seemed. It just ruins that little bit of happiness ya had associated with those memories.

Oh well, its here to stay. Carry on.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

Light Shade wrote:
Arsen wrote:
Its how maybe a handful of people remember it and they most likely hardly used it...fearing a ban. It is unfortunate.

Its like when you go back to that favorite spot of your childhood and find out everything wasn't as it seemed. It just ruins that little bit of happiness ya had associated with those memories.

and why do they dont make it bannable? i dont get it.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Arsen wrote:
Light Shade wrote:
Arsen wrote:

and why do they dont make it bannable? i dont get it.
They don't enforce policy decisions, which were ever-changing, from the Era. They only focus on the code.

Besides, we have no information on a policy decision regarding this mechanic from Era anyways.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Arsen wrote:kaivan i respect all your hard work u have put into this shard already but i think you should rlly fix that exploit.
no one will come to uosa and say WHAT THE HELL NO LoS BUG HERE?! NEA ILL QUIT THIS FUK SHARD!
no one ever heared about this before...

i hardly understand why this is still in after i took a half year break. this crap is bullshit in so many ways.
its not like asking for some unicorn ethy its all about to feel the way it was, iam still confused as f* when i have to worry about that LoS shit.
i started to play uo with my brother in 99 and saw a lot of exploits in my life. my brother even duped using the black holes, but i never heared about such a exploit.
anyways it does not matter and should not matter what i "think is right" and thats the best part on this shard. just keep in mind how this is totaly against the feeling of t2a.
pce
Arsen, you were right.