Roll a tamer? Why, when all stables are always full?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
jimm1432

Re: Roll a tamer? Why, when all stables are always full?

Post by jimm1432 »

I don't think you guys are getting the point, I have lots of stable space and they was easy to get. it's not hard to find a spot or two or wait till someone forgets to refresh. BUT you shouldn't have any trouble in the first place, a population of 500-700 players can not and should not beable to fill a OSI era accurate stable. On OSI I once tamed 120 polar bears to block up a auction house, I stabled all of them in one stable. now are you saying on OSI I took up over 50% of that stable? I doubt it, I would guess they had atleast 1500 slots a stable.

I don't see why people are hating about this just add more slots or more stable masters. each shard on OSI was unique I don't see how it could be an inaccuracy to add more stable masters. Why do I need 30 slots? I keep 10-15 ossys 4-5 mares and a lot of dragons. I don't tame everyday I just replace the ossys and mares once i'm out and the dragons are for farming/idocs/fun whatever.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

jimm1432 wrote:I don't think you guys are getting the point, I have lots of stable space and they was easy to get. it's not hard to find a spot or two or wait till someone forgets to refresh. BUT you shouldn't have any trouble in the first place, a population of 500-700 players can not and should not beable to fill a OSI era accurate stable. On OSI I once tamed 120 polar bears to block up a auction house, I stabled all of them in one stable. now are you saying on OSI I took up over 50% of that stable? I doubt it, I would guess they had atleast 1500 slots a stable.
First, it is absolutely possible for a player base of 500 to 700 players to take up all stable locations. In fact, a player population of 1 could do exactly the same thing. It's simply a matter of whether players want to put fourth that kind of dedication or not.

Second, in order for each stable to have 1500 stable slots, it would require a total of 15 stable masters per stable. This is not anywhere near the numbers seen on OSI servers, even including an entire extra facet of stable masters. This page gives us a survey of the total number of stable masters for 10 different servers, providing, at most, 47 stable masters (on one facet) and 4700 stable slots. On UOSA, we have 28 stable masters.
jimm1432 wrote:I don't see why people are hating about this just add more slots or more stable masters. each shard on OSI was unique I don't see how it could be an inaccuracy to add more stable masters. Why do I need 30 slots? I keep 10-15 ossys 4-5 mares and a lot of dragons. I don't tame everyday I just replace the ossys and mares once i'm out and the dragons are for farming/idocs/fun whatever.
While it is true that each OSI server was unique in the number of stable masters it had, each one conformed to the same rules of 100 slots per stable master, and ultimately had some limit on stable spaces. There is no reason for us to ignore this limitation and add in thousands of stable masters to create a ridiculously large pool of stable slots, especially considering the fact that our stables are only about 80% full.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

Kaivan wrote: First, it is absolutely possible for a player base of 500 to 700 players to take up all stable locations. In fact, a player population of 1 could do exactly the same thing. It's simply a matter of whether players want to put fourth that kind of dedication or not.
well no shit...
Kaivan wrote: Second, in order for each stable to have 1500 stable slots, it would require a total of 15 stable masters per stable. This is not anywhere near the numbers seen on OSI servers, even including an entire extra facet of stable masters. This page gives us a survey of the total number of stable masters for 10 different servers, providing, at most, 47 stable masters (on one facet) and 4700 stable slots. On UOSA, we have 28 stable masters.
I don't see how someone counting the stable masters during uor gives any idea of the amount of slots each stable master had (did i miss it?). Where is the evidence they only had 100 slots per stable master? from that link they had 47 stable masters on a server would be 47000 slots for a player base of 4000+ so around 10+ slots per person. sounds ok to me.

we have say 700 players and 28000 slots? around 40 slots per person? wtf maybe someone is trying to filling the whole server?

anyway it seems we have too many slots if anything for our population, but could we get two new stable masters for pap and del? there the only places it would be nice to stable easyer.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

jimm1432 wrote: I don't see how someone counting the stable masters during uor gives any idea of the amount of slots each stable master had (did i miss it?). Where is the evidence they only had 100 slots per stable master? from that link they had 47 stable masters on a server would be 47000 slots for a player base of 4000+ so around 10+ slots per person. sounds ok to me.

we have say 700 players and 28000 slots? around 40 slots per person? wtf maybe someone is trying to filling the whole server?

anyway it seems we have too many slots if anything for our population, but could we get two new stable masters for pap and del? there the only places it would be nice to stable easyer.
Math is a little off there Jimm. 47x100 you 4.7K not 47K

So if there were 4k peeps on OSI it would be ~1.25 slots per person.

2800 slots here or 4 per person with 700 pop.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

Hoots wrote:
jimm1432 wrote: I don't see how someone counting the stable masters during uor gives any idea of the amount of slots each stable master had (did i miss it?). Where is the evidence they only had 100 slots per stable master? from that link they had 47 stable masters on a server would be 47000 slots for a player base of 4000+ so around 10+ slots per person. sounds ok to me.

Math is a little off there Jimm. 47x100 you 4.7K not 47K

So if there were 4k peeps on OSI it would be ~1.25 slots per person.

2800 slots here or 4 per person with 700 pop.
yer don't smoke and post, funny thing is i worked it out right then thought it looked wrong so added 0's.

ps I'm leaving this thread cus i'm happy anyway and i'm just sticking my head more up my ass the more i post

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

This appears to have become an issue again:
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=46673

Stable spots for sale again, now I know some time had been bought for this by allowing a plague to kill all the useless animals holding stable spots, I also know the plague ran its course.

I realize this has been discussed to death, and mechanical accuracy is a noble goal which I agree with.

However I also believe not having stable spots available is also Not Era accurate (at least on Europa). While mechanically it may not have been possible to run out of spots on OSI, I can't recall once where it was a problem.

I suppose what I'm saying is that this needs to be looked at again for the sake of "the Spirit of the game" :)
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))