New Thief

Topics related to Second Age
deathkhan1

New Thief

Post by deathkhan1 »

So, I started back up on secondage about two weeks ago and one of my favorite things about UO was the thief skill set. Remembering how much fun i used to have on my old thief I started a new one. Now that my skills are gm I have gone out a few days now but there is barely anything to steal!. How are you thiefs making a living? Obviously i would understand if you didn't want to answer on public forums, but a pm or irc chat would be great. So far I have stole regs, magic weapons, wands, but after identifying them I see that they are trash! There doesn't seem to be any profit/ enjoyment in being a thief now days. Hopefully im just doing it wrong and one of you kind hearted thieves out there can take a few minutes and help a fellow thief out. Additionally, are there any thief guilds that are active?

Pirul

Re: New Thief

Post by Pirul »

Maybe this is a 14+ year old game, where some players know how to prevent being victims of the petty bank thief.

In other words, you might either want to adapt, and steal the big prize out in the open were it is harder, and not only around banks, were you'll only find noobies, and ppl with locked/trapped containers and noobed clothes over their other items.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

There are viable playstyles and tips that I'm sure some will give you here. Personally while I enjoy playing "the thief" role I hardly ever use the Steal skill. The best, most fun and most profitable "thievery" IMO is done by stealthing into peoples' houses and looting them. Maybe not technically a thief... but a thief to me.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Blaine the Gypsy

Post by Blaine the Gypsy »

Steal out of town. Steal weapons. Steal anything besides what the guards have in town...
UOSA: Village of Paws - Gypsy Tribe of Spirituality - "Ignavus"
UO: LS guilds [Red] [Rx2] [OMEN] HC member/co-creator
Drach wGt Gypsy Village

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

I have never had anything "nice" stolen from me up until a few days ago. In fact I tempted the thief and told him to random steal. Lucky sob got a town runebook. Not a big loss for me but it was the largest loss I have taken from a thief.

I don't play a thief but if it is possible to raise your karma I highly suggest it if you are targeting townies. Maybe it is just me but I avoid unsavory folk when I have something to lose. I wouldn't hesitate to stand next to a positive karma with a house deed in a bag, that's just me.

player 1

Post by player 1 »

Your house deed is safe no matter who you stand next to unfortunately, as they cannot be stolen.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

UNLESS you have them inside a container weighing less than 10 stones.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay