Filtered Light Levels

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kriav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Filtered Light Levels

Post by Kriav »

Hey Derrick

there is a new shard in open beta that ignores the filtered light levels in razor. You should ask them how and put in game here for Era accuracy. lol

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Filtered Light Levels

Post by MatronDeWinter »

He already knows how it's done, but it requires that people use razor to connect so it can negotiate features with the server. Derrick, or some other staff I don't remember stated that they don't want to force anyone to use razor to connect because they didn't even use it themselves. So it's likely to never happen.

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

That and light level is easy to hack via hex edit.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I used to just up the brightness on my monitor.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Derrick would love people to really see the work he put into the light levels here, but as has been said, he won't force anyone to use Razor to connect. It is easily circumvented in any regard so if that's how you want to play, don't use it.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Blaise wrote:Derrick would love people to really see the work he put into the light levels here, but as has been said, he won't force anyone to use Razor to connect. It is easily circumvented in any regard so if that's how you want to play, don't use it.
Its not so much about how someone wants to play as it is about keeping up with those that don't play that way. It essentially doesn't give you much of a real choice...realistically speaking.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Most certainly. If you want to enjoy the core beauty of Ultima, it is best not played on the same 'level' as the majority.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I always thought of the darkness in UO as pointless and annoying.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Penelle

Post by Penelle »

I use Razor to connect, but I'll never tick the Light Level filter :3 I like seeing candles, torches, and campfires glow. Plus if it was mid-day all day I'd go absolutely bonkers!

a mexican

Post by a mexican »

If he's going to make everyone use razor, there's A LOT more functions that need to be disabled for era accuracy than just light levels (this is a minor one).

Kriav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kriav »

Penelle wrote:I use Razor to connect, but I'll never tick the Light Level filter :3 I like seeing candles, torches, and campfires glow. Plus if it was mid-day all day I'd go absolutely bonkers!
me too but i dont need a disadvantage fleeing from PK'ers