Topics related to Second Age
specwarrior

Tried to buy regs

Post by specwarrior »

failed

Loathed

Re: Tried to buy regs

Post by Loathed »

try again. god forbid they're not always stocked.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

I literally just went to a random mage shop and purchased well over 300 of each reg. so. This should be moved to the proper forum sections. Rants/Flames

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I would like instant gratification everytime for my every whim, please.

...and Trammel.

kthxbye
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

5HITCOMBO

Post by 5HITCOMBO »

Compared to how it used to be its pretty ridiculous. I saw black pearl today for the first time in at least a week and I check ALL vendors at least twice a day.

Thats not a lot of checking for an AFK buyer, but it is for your average player. Im sure as hell glad I am not macroing or at 0 on any regs or I would have nothing to do.
Malaikat wrote: I try way too hard to sound intelligent on a small internet forum about a wizard game amongst a small handful of random anonymous nerds. I have a vested interest in this matter indubitably.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

2 times a day out of the 27 or so times. Ya the odds won't look good for you. Look- it's not that the regs aren't there it's that there are less of them and they aren't all at 999 cuz they reset now. I haven't made a reg run and not come back with something of each reg.

i also do not afk buy.

5HITCOMBO

Post by 5HITCOMBO »

But we are talking EVERY vendor. Thats not so much a matter of the restock system as AFK buyers.

Im no expert, I am curious what exactly is different that it worked before but is boken now. Is it something that caused more AFK buyers? Or is it something in the system itself?

I can tell you though I can name 3 constant afk buyers I have spotted since I came back.
Malaikat wrote: I try way too hard to sound intelligent on a small internet forum about a wizard game amongst a small handful of random anonymous nerds. I have a vested interest in this matter indubitably.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44759

I'm not an expert on it but this was roughly the system before:
-Start at 20 of each reg
-If stock is bought out, double the amount on restrock (max: 999)
-If stock isn't bought out, halve the amount (min: 20)
This meant you had to buy out the stock 6 times to get 999 of each on a vendor. Failure to buy halved stock, which wasn't a TERRIBLE thing like it is now.

Now:
Start at 10 of each (or is it 9?)
-If stock is bought out, total stock is increased by 9 on restock.
-Failure to buy resets the vendor back to 10 of each reg.
So it requires ~110 consecutive buyouts over ~92 hours for stock to meet 999. One failed buyout resets to 10. In other words, it's not going to happen (or happen extremely rarely). The shard is far too quiet during off-peak hours for this to happen unless someone dedicates their life to it or automates buying.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Elph

Post by Elph »

Find like-minded people and start killing the reg buyers.

I'll help.

inego
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inego »

Find like-minded people and start killing the reg buyers.
I'm not convinced AFK buyers have much to do with the problem. Its that the regs aren't bought out enough to max out, therefore when someone goes to buy regs they can only get a few hundred or often times less. And that's with checking every single vendor on the shard.
Great Lakes 1998-2001

5HITCOMBO

Post by 5HITCOMBO »

Yeah it was pretty perfect before :( I understand if its era accurate and hate to ever complain because even if he poops all over the shard I know Derrick meant well and put hard work into it.

There hast been no poo, but just saying.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

I have never encountered serious problems buying regs. Sure some town vendors are sold out but I've never been unable to find any reg within 5 minutes of searching. Not to mention player vendors. I don't get it.

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

I don't have a problem getting reags to play..but trying to make characters sucks. I can't even keep up with the amount I'm using to train 2 mages.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

i have failed to buy regs, at all npcs as well, several times, shitty patch for sure, but what can ya do?
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Merry Xmas.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket