Black dye tubs

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
ildbjoernen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Black dye tubs

Post by ildbjoernen »

Hey all,

Stumbled upon a great site about UO in the early years! What a great game it was.

In this story the author tells about his experience when the black dye suddenly appear.

http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/stories/story039.htm

Does anyone remember this? How did one create black dye tubs back in the days and how come it wasent deemed illegal?

Cheers!

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Black dye tubs

Post by RoadKill »

Kind of off topic, but on topic to the link you shared... I like the quote in that link "Paying for dyeing? Had everybody gone crazy?"

My first weeks of UO (I got UO the first day it launched in stores) I made gold dying people's clothing. 10gp per item dye. So many people didn't know how dye tubs/dyes worked yet or for whatever reason didn't think about buying their own tub/dyes.

As for Black tubs. You could create them using a few exploits. Some involved using an early UO emulator called FUSE/FUSERUN.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Populus

Post by Populus »

What's up with all the regs on the ground here?

http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/stories/story045.htm
What dropped them?
ImageImageImage
[cA]

ildbjoernen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ildbjoernen »

Np with off topic :) Wonderfull to hear old UO stories :) Just an awesome game really!

I remember give striptease shows and the Theater in Britain for 50 GP pr. audience to earn some money back in the day - Man i was a slut!

@ regs on ground i have no idea - but i guess some areas had heavy spawn?