Level 1 Treasure Map Spawn

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
a mexican

Level 1 Treasure Map Spawn

Post by a mexican »

There should be no initial spawn when a level 1 treasure map is first dug up. Link only mentions a spawn of initial 4 monsters for Level 2+ treasure maps.

http://web.archive.org/web/200009010214 ... s.com/thb/
Last edited by a mexican on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wrathofjo

Re: Level 1 Treasure Map Spawn

Post by wrathofjo »

"Level 1 Maps
These really aren't too difficult, even if you don't have any fighting skills (that's why this is the pure treasure hunter section, after all). Carry a few Greater Heal potions and you'll be fine. Just keep looting, keep yourself healed, and when you get everything, Recall away."

If there were no spawn why would you need greater heal potions?

a mexican

Post by a mexican »

wrathofjo wrote:"Level 1 Maps
These really aren't too difficult, even if you don't have any fighting skills (that's why this is the pure treasure hunter section, after all). Carry a few Greater Heal potions and you'll be fine. Just keep looting, keep yourself healed, and when you get everything, Recall away."

If there were no spawn why would you need greater heal potions?

I apologize I'll re-word my initial post. I meant no INITIAL spawn when first dug up, as in the first 4 mobs that pop when the chest is unveiled.

There was still spawn as you would loot or move loot around in the chest.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

agreed, there was never an initial spawn on lvl 1 maps on osi, but this was 2000+ when i was t-hunting. perhaps there's something in the patch notes that change the spawns?
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

a mexican

Post by a mexican »

fooka03 wrote:agreed, there was never an initial spawn on lvl 1 maps on osi, but this was 2000+ when i was t-hunting. perhaps there's something in the patch notes that change the spawns?

All I could ever do during T2A was lvl 1s due to not having a real T-hunter. The link is from March 2000 as I can't seem to find any workable "Treasure Hunter of Brittannia" links pre 2000.

a mexican

Post by a mexican »

I'm curious, where did initial spawn from Lvl 1 Tmaps originally come from on this server? Was this a demo thing?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Level 1 spawns were likely added in during an early patch where we worked on treasure map loot and spawns. We have known that level 1 spawns are not correct for quite some time, however it is a low priority fix.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

a mexican

Post by a mexican »

Kaivan wrote:Level 1 spawns were likely added in during an early patch where we worked on treasure map loot and spawns. We have known that level 1 spawns are not correct for quite some time, however it is a low priority fix.
Thanks for the response