SHould we boycott player reg vendors

Topics related to Second Age

Should we boycott player ran reg vendors?

Yes, we must put an end to the reagent cartels!
53%
No, I sell to reg-heads and I love my Trammy Day-Glo!
16%
Whatever, I am a dexxer who only hunts and scavenges for regs.
6%
I am too busy trying to find someone to buy my bows to care
9%
All I need is a death robe and a white wig and I am fine
16%

Total votes: 32

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

SHould we boycott player reg vendors

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

The Land is run amuck with violence, mages recall quick from danger due to the shortage of regs in the shops unable to stand their ground against gangs of dexxers as the people take to the sword rather then the spell.

All the while the reg vendors gloat and parade about in their blessed neon Trammel Wear, laden with invisible, teleport, and reflect jewelry brandishing their vanq weapons they bought cheaply from the addicts of silk, root, pearl, and ash.

This must stop, we must boycott player vendors that sell bulk regs and put an end to those who buy these controlled substances at high cost to keep this violent cycle from spreading.

What say ye?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Missy B

Re: SHould we boycott player reg vendors

Post by Missy B »

or you can just make a reg buying macro and join them. no trammel ware necessary.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

:twisted: retrieving 1-3000 in regs at a time is quite the plunder, I think you should reconsider and sin
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

let me get this correct, you want to get rid of them so the restock quantities reset back to 20 just so you can buy 20 regs at a time manually?

The Radical Larry

Post by The Radical Larry »

It does suck the soul out of the business dealings for a true southern businessman.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Missy B wrote:let me get this correct, you want to get rid of them so the restock quantities reset back to 20 just so you can buy 20 regs at a time manually?
buying regs for personal use is fine even in large amounts but reselling them after wiping out vendors is exploitation

Aboo

Post by Aboo »

Only exploitation of you being slow...

Grifty McGrift

Post by Grifty McGrift »

Put 10k in your bag and make a runebook for all the mage shops. If you cant enough regs for personal use using this method then i'm not the author of "Flim Flammin'".
"They used to call me Grifty McGrift. I wrote the book on flim-flammin"

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I know how to buy regs in bulk dude :lol: (anything over 2K will be taken from your bank)
Yeah and I got gold to stock my banks with regs.
But when people want to get just a few to get out and have some fun and you have to wait forever for that one reg you are missing in your bunch it can be annoying.
So I say if we have to wait for regs we just wait at reg dealers and just start whacking vendors and buyers alike.

Grifty McGrift

Post by Grifty McGrift »

The gold will only withdraw from your bank if you spend more than 2k in one transaction. Since you will be bouncing from shop to shop and vendor to vendor you should keep the gold on you. 8)
"They used to call me Grifty McGrift. I wrote the book on flim-flammin"

Rufus Bloodeye

Post by Rufus Bloodeye »

Speaking for someone who has only recently started up on this server, it extremely difficult to buy regs from NPC vendors, especially in bulk for macroing as they are being continually drained.

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

i only care when i end up being out of recall regs in or near town needing just 1 darn mandrake root and none in the shop :P

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

corruption42

Post by corruption42 »

Rufus Bloodeye wrote:Speaking for someone who has only recently started up on this server, it extremely difficult to buy regs from NPC vendors, especially in bulk for macroing as they are being continually drained.
Also new to the server here -- and I've had no problem. I've accumulated 4-5k of each reg in less than a month on the server, and have burned through 2-3k of each at least already. I could have collected more than this easily as well -- I just chose to gear gold towards other in-game needs first. If you're having problems, spend some time farming up money -- lumberjack, or tailor up some regs funds. Then set up a buy agent in Razor, to include a high number of each reg. Having the starting funds is the key -- the cost of the regs can get high depending how high your buy agent is set. Between Britain and Moonglow, I haven't had to bother with any other towns for regs -- just periodically run by the herbalists and mage shops.

Also, make sure you're checking alchemy/herbalist shops as well.
Valorite: The metal with mettle.

Rufus Bloodeye

Post by Rufus Bloodeye »

Well that is encouraging, how do I set up a buy agent?

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:The Land is run amuck with violence, mages recall quick from danger due to the shortage of regs in the shops unable to stand their ground against gangs of dexxers as the people take to the sword rather then the spell.
No, most mages who recall aren't running out of regs, they've just given up on the fight. In my experience on this shard, if a mage can't drop you within the first 2 minutes, his friends are going to show up, or he's going to recall. Very few fights are "to the death" anymore.

Thanks for taking a "serious topic" and making a horribly bias poll. Next time leave it at "Yes", "No", "Maybe", "I don't care" - adding extra opinions to your choices makes it sound like you're purely here to whine, not receive feedback.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins