Fix stealing please.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
UsualSuspect

Fix stealing please.

Post by UsualSuspect »

If you fail and get guard whacked the loot goes back to them?! You have lost your minds?! When was trammel installed and where do I get a felucia stone.

Faust

Re: Fix stealing please.

Post by Faust »

This server replicates T2A mechanics up to November '99 and the most recent mechanics to that date trumps the previous.

Read the OSI/EA patch notes to get familiar with the period that this shard aims to replicate mechanically.

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

Screw your patch notes, thieves have been robbed!

Faust

Post by Faust »

UO Second Age does not favor any specific type of game play. What you would have experienced in Ultima Online around November '99 is what you should expect here. The mechanics are determined by the past based on the OSI/EA developers implementations at that time.

Ganklord

Post by Ganklord »

This Is UO99, This Is The Real Thing Bro
Jason- wrote:It's not just you. I want to punch a baby after reading his sentences.
okgoace wrote:dont spend too much time with this ganklord character, he is the ultimate griefer, lurker, troll.

Grifty McGrift

Post by Grifty McGrift »

UsualSuspect wrote:Screw your patch notes, thieves have been robbed!

Oh the sweet, sweet irony :lol:
"They used to call me Grifty McGrift. I wrote the book on flim-flammin"

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Yeah, because you're so put out by having 0 penalty for failure as a thief.

No, I do not count flagging grey and waiting 2 minutes, to try your hand at theft again, a penalty.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The patch notes clearly show that a thief who has stolen an item will have it returned to the owner if they die in town within 2 minutes of the theft. Here is the relevant patch note:
When a thief dies in town, items he stole within the last two minutes will be automatically placed in their owner's backpack. If the owner is not around to receive them, they will fall to the ground.
And here is the original source for our patch notes. You'll find that for the patch notes that exist on this website and archived versions of the UO website are the same.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The purpose of this patch was to prevent people from stealing and then having their friends loot the newly stolen item, now freely lootable on the dead thieves corpse. It's reasonable. A real complaint about "legit" patch-note changes relating to thieves would be about the "can't snoop while stealthed patch" that occured some time ago. THAT patch is lame, this one, is not so bad. It's just a bane to bank thieves, which really aren't thieves anyway.

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

Since they pointed me to the wayback whatever crap I have been looking into the stealth snoop thing. That is bugging me too.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

while we're on the topic, the optimization patch for boats is just about the worst thing ever :(
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Ganklord

Post by Ganklord »

Blaise wrote:Yeah, because you're so put out by having 0 penalty for failure as a thief.

No, I do not count flagging grey and waiting 2 minutes, to try your hand at theft again, a penalty.
You Would've Banned Thieves Like Garriott, No?
Jason- wrote:It's not just you. I want to punch a baby after reading his sentences.
okgoace wrote:dont spend too much time with this ganklord character, he is the ultimate griefer, lurker, troll.