An adventure... reliving the fun of the olden days now!

Topics related to Second Age
Bixby Legbone

An adventure... reliving the fun of the olden days now!

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Hail my fellow Britannians! I wanted to share a tale of a particular adventure I had today. It may be enjoyable to some, detested by others, or to serve as a cautionary tale.

The story begins as I am exploring the lands. My character is only 6 days old, and he is trying to gain in the skill of animal taming. Dagger Isle proved to have too many other characters working their taming, and too few animals to be tamed. I decided to take my char on journey encompassing most of the lands of Britannia in search of wild animals to be tamed. Eventually, my path crossed a rather imposing Keep. I could see and hear that a nightmare was roaming inside of it.

For reasons unknown to me, maybe my spirit for adventure, I took the initiative and entered the building. What I saw was an enormous accumulation of wealth, and not a single being around to claim ownership or protect their belongings!... What opportunity! Could it be that Fortune has blessed me this day?! I continued to explore the Keep, only to find myself able to possess ever greater and greater amounts of treasure for the taking!! Once the realization dawned, the adrenaline began to flow within me. I had not known that surge of power for quite a many year. It is addicting. I began to take only what I desired, and not everything that was not properly locked down or secured.

The person in control of this Keep didn't bother to lock the front door! A drunken fool, or perhaps overconfident in his belief that the dreaded Nightmare would ward off any intruders? Either way, that was mistake number one! However, not only was I able to gain access to the Keep, many of his treasures were just laying about on the floor! Mistake number two for him, those items could have been locked down, behind security walls, or possibly within secured chests! Yet alas, woe be upon him!

The highlights of his treasures, now my own, are pictured below. I am most pleased with the amount of bulk cloth. My basic math skills suggest that I obtained the equivalent of 199,000 pieces of cloth. While it shall be a daunting task to accomplish, 199,000 pieces of cloth can be sewed into roughly 25,000 fancy shirts. Those shirts can then be sold at roughly 30 gold coins each, grossing over 740,000 gold coins worth of cloth by itself! Yes, Fortune did indeed show me favor this day.

UsualSuspect

Re: An adventure... reliving the fun of the olden days now!

Post by UsualSuspect »

nice haul. want to sell that leather or the iron ingots? (:

Inda

Post by Inda »

awesome dude grats! fun read :)

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

Thou art truly blessed this day friend! But that happening this particular day... It makes me a little suspicious! Is this perhaps an april fooling? Or maybe the owner thought he'd april fool visitors buy not having the front door locked? :P
Lankgord: Hello. I'm New To The Server. Any Drama Going On Lately?

[20:38] <newYorK>i love how franz is in game robbing me while im reading his comic
[20:38] <newYorK> priceless

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

That's my keep.

Laugh if you want, just try and remember i'm a 10+ millionaire.

Simply forgot to lock up, whatever.

The vault stays locked. So congrats on your nibbled crumbs you robber, I hope someone finds your RL front door unlocked and steals your stuff.

Jerk.
Last edited by Kaivan on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language. Read the forum rules.

Populus

Post by Populus »

Taboo wrote:You stupid asshole, that's my keep.

Laugh if you want, just try and remember i'm a 10+ millionaire.

The vault stays locked. So congrats on your nibbled crumbs you fucking robber, I hope someone finds your RL front door unlocked and steals your shit.

Jerk.
Quoting for the hilarity.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

Laugh if you want, just try and remember i'm a 10+ millionaire.- 740,000

The vault stays locked. So congrats on your nibbled crumbs you fucking robber, I hope someone finds your RL front door unlocked and steals your shit.

Jerk.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Bad karma for you. Its not a huge loss for me. You will get what you deserve eventually and think of this when you do.
I will somehow try to get over the grief of losing a few k bolts of cloth and 10kish in ingots.

Somehow the millions in the bank will just have to do :cry:

Inda

Post by Inda »

Missy B wrote:

Laugh if you want, just try and remember i'm a 10+ millionaire.- 740,000

Jerk.

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Taboo wrote:Bad karma for you. Its not a huge loss for me. You will get what you deserve eventually and think of this when you do.
I will somehow try to get over the grief of losing a few k bolts of cloth and 10kish in ingots.

Anyone got a copy of Matron's shard rules to hand? :o

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

umadbro?

Cylvan

Post by Cylvan »

Ha! That's a great story and congrats! I ran across an unlocked house the other day but my thieving only awarded me 5k in total value.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Did you take the mare?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Taboo wrote:Bad karma for you. Its not a huge loss for me. You will get what you deserve eventually and think of this when you do.

Friend! I beg of you! You must reconsider Thy sins! It must have been you who gathered the bad karma that lead to your unfortunate loss! I did get what I deserved, my precious treasure! Be not angry with the messenger. Repent!
Pirul wrote:Did you take the mare?
Alas, yes! While the Nightmare was tamed upon my entry to the Blasted Keep of My Good Fortune, it soon decided to leave his uncouth master. I, being an animal tamer did decide to free the beast from his inhumane confinement. He traveled with me and was wonderfully happy. He was a brave Nightmare, but the abuse he suffered throughout his live left him with a crippling fatigue. He did do me one last favor, in the end. A silvery serpent had bitten me, thus I was poisoned. I tried to ride my beast away to safety, but his fatigue was too much, and I succumbed to a poisonous death. The Nightmare put up one honorable fight, and shortly before he too succumbed to the poison of the serpent, he slayed the serpent that was guarding my corpse. Thankfully, I was able to return to the world of the living via a wandering healer, and return safely, to retrieve my possessions. I do miss him.

okgoace

Post by okgoace »

Again, i never am this lucky. Good find on you, i will buy 10,000 bandages.