Moonglow Zoo Animals?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
KWK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Moonglow Zoo Animals?

Post by KWK »

I have visited the zoo a few times on this shard and do not understand why only half the zoo has animals in it at best? I have yet to see serpents in the zoo or whatever should be filling all the empty cages. Is it era accurate for it to be this barren or can an admin put in some missing spawners? I am sure myself and all the mindless bards macroing would appreciate not fighting over the only 2 animals in a ZOO to provoke.

KWK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Moonglow Zoo Animals?

Post by KWK »

Nobody cares about the zoo? No animal lovers on this shard...

Millerisfuntoplay

Post by Millerisfuntoplay »

That used to be full of aniamls i thought

KWK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by KWK »

Take a look now usually there is just a polar bear and two wolves. On a rare occasion a gorilla will spawn in one of the cages for some reason? But I have yet too see anything in any of the other cages. I never visited the zoo back in the day so I do not remember if this is era accurate? But why would they have an empty zoo?

Ganklord

Post by Ganklord »

There Would Be More Animals, But North Korea Occasionally Bombs Them.

http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/109124

Kim Jung Un Has No Love For The Walrus.
Jason- wrote:It's not just you. I want to punch a baby after reading his sentences.
okgoace wrote:dont spend too much time with this ganklord character, he is the ultimate griefer, lurker, troll.

KWK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by KWK »

Is this the only place to post where corrections need to be made? I thought this shard is hell bent on era accuracy and has been around since 2007? If that is true I do not understand why a few animals in the zoo are not accurate by now?

Ganklord

Post by Ganklord »

KWK wrote:Is this the only place to post where corrections need to be made? I thought this shard is hell bent on era accuracy and has been around since 2007? If that is true I do not understand why a few animals in the zoo are not accurate by now?
More Animals Is Non Era Accurate.
Jason- wrote:It's not just you. I want to punch a baby after reading his sentences.
okgoace wrote:dont spend too much time with this ganklord character, he is the ultimate griefer, lurker, troll.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

According to what we know about the zoo during the era, it was typically empty or nearly empty. If you feel that the zoo should have more creatures in it, you might consider checking for in-era sources which show that the zoo contained certain creatures.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Grifty McGrift

Post by Grifty McGrift »

Seems pretty silly to have an empty zoo. Is it possible to get in the cages? For example, could someone tame or provoke creatures and put them in the cage?
"They used to call me Grifty McGrift. I wrote the book on flim-flammin"

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

It is certainly possible for players to bring in their own animals from outside, but it should not be possible to tame any animals that spawn within the confines of the zoo.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Kaivan wrote:It is certainly possible for players to bring in their own animals from outside, but it should not be possible to tame any animals that spawn within the confines of the zoo.
last time i was at the zoo they were currently tameable. any reason they should not be tameable and function differently?
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Yes. There is explicit code in the demo contained in a script called monster that prevents animals that might spawn in the zoo from being tamable:

Code: Select all

#on creation()
{
  if(isInArea("zoo", getLocation(this), 0x00))
  {
    setLoiterMode(this, 0x01);
    setBehavior(this, 0x02);
    removeObjVar(this, "petCanTame");
  }
  return(0x01);
}
The removed variable, petCanTame is checked in the script called tame as follows:

Code: Select all

if((!isMobile(usedon)) || (!hasObjVar(usedon, "petCanTame")))
  {
    ebarkTo(usedon, this, "You can't tame that!");
    detachScript(this, "tame");
    return(0x00);
  }
The monster script is part of the template definition for all tamable animals in game, which prevents any of them from being tamable, assuming they spawn in the zoo region. Of course, the major question is whether the spawning region for the zoo was active or not at all, which would have rendered this particular functionality moot.

Edit: I've corrected the problem at the zoo with tameable creatures. Creatures that spawn at our zoo cannot be tamed anymore.

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

I teleport into the cages, block bard LOS with walls of stone, tame the animals and gate them out of their cages to unleash their rage on their tormentors. Evidently, the zoo is broken :D
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I edited my previous post to reflect the changes, but I'll point out out directly: animals that spawn at the Moonglow zoo can no longer be tamed.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

chainsoar wrote:I teleport into the cages, block bard LOS with walls of stone, tame the animals and gate them out of their cages to unleash their rage on their tormentors. Evidently, the zoo is broken :D
damn looks like i can't do that anymore +1 for being accurate though. oh well so many other ways to get them killed with 0 counts :D

Also thanks for the code explanation.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall