Dress Downs contest! 160k in prizes!

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Downs

Re: Dress Downs contest! 160k in prizes!

Post by Downs »

Get your submissions in! Ends tomorrow
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Ozzy

Post by Ozzy »

First time, long time, and all that jazz. I apologize for the haphazard formatting of this post, but I'm here for one reason, and one reason only: to clothe the shard-wide treasure that is Downs, patron of the bardic arts, deadly tinker, and devoted home inspector. There are two types of people in this game: ones that dress up, and ones that dress Downs.

Without further ado, I present to you my submission in this prestigious battle of wit, fashion, and avarice:

Modeling this outfit is young, aspiring Dressed Downs, who decided to inspect Lord Blackthorn's castle, and interact with the many mute players standing therein.

To start this ensemble, you have Downs's infamous leprechaun hat. Without disrespect to my competitors, I've decided to submit an outfit that is worthy of a man of Downs's stature, and not something that belongs on the front of a children's cereal box. I recognize that the leprechaun hat is an accent piece, a fashion statement, and an indicum of detonating half the shard population, I mean, super PVP leetness.

To compliment and highlight the unique green of the hat, you have off-green boots. Next is an understated "criminal-flag gray" fancy shirt with matching, optional doublet.
The doublet is for formal events, but for more routine home inspections and bardic adventures, the fancy shirt provides the chicness we've all expected from Downs, but also the utility of placing invisible, magic doublets and sashes over it. Rounding out the outfit, we have a winter blue apron to add a bit of flash and remind the world that sometimes you have to be cold as ice to carry out the duties of a home inspector. The apron will protect Downs's modesty, but also provide appropriate ventilation for those precarious situations he finds himself in. Throw on (or off) those magic pants with ease.

All items are newbied (excepting the hat), and all dye colors are available.

Downs, I'm sure you'll be impressed with the flash and also the convenience of this outfit, as will the rest of Britannia.

It is befitting of a man who, if he had the means, would give the sun, stars, Image and MOON to all of us. Image

Drogan

Post by Drogan »

Ozzy.. that is just plain awesome!! you should definitely win this competition.. love the selling points!

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Drogan wrote:Ozzy.. that is just plain awesome!! you should definitely win this competition.. love the selling points!

Cheers to the *clear* winner! Maybe he won't like the blue kilt, but damn good presentation!

Ozzy

Post by Ozzy »

Thank you for your kind words! As it happens, Dressed Downs was modelling today in Britain and crowds formed chanting "DIE DOWNS! DIE DOWNS!" Poor uneducated Britains had misspelled DYE, but I appreciated the support nonetheless. When I replied "I hope to very soon!" a raucous cheer roared through the streets.

orevamp

Post by orevamp »

Not to Down play the short novel and large pictures it was quite the presentation. Seems that outfit is more "mundane" than Downs. Unless of coarse this is a poularity contest vs. Fashion with magic clothing options left open. I would love a sash of ivis or reflect if they existed :) again props for your pitch but stripping the clothes of the corpse of a pheasant and trying to hand them to a man of this caliber is less than adequate.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Fear not it's no popularity contest. I have an amazingly short attention span when reading who wrote what post.

This will be judged purely on what I find to look good, usable, and sales pitch is an added bonus that can help slightly.

Entries will be taken through midnight tomorrow
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Here we have Downs, au natural, playfully frolicking through west Britain and making some new player commit to UOSA forever. A naughty yet innocent young bard who makes you wish cA Xmas came more than once a year. You just can't wait to open his package!

DRUSK42

Post by DRUSK42 »

Gold and Green Cause you a pimp !

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

UOSA Players + MS Paint = Priceless GEMS!

"Cuz yu'z a peeimp!" ROFLMAO!

..... and Chum's punctuation is impeccable......!

Downs

Post by Downs »

Bump! All submissions must be in by midnight! Thanks in advance to all participants!

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

What a great event! An army exercise hath prevented me to see this until now, how luckily (for you Downs) it has not yet ended!

Here is the sort of clothing I present for thy future adventures:

This suit is very colorful and I dare say this is the only way for thee to go Mr Downs! Throw away all those dull and poor colored suggestions for thy new suit and consider this one. For what you do in our lands and your whole personality is one big colorful explosion.

However, some colors have an extra thought to it.

The yellow doublet carries a deep symbolic message. Although the color yellow historically has been a symbol for sickness and disease, something which certain people may view you as, it really symbolizes the heart of gold you actually have. Your greatness may be hard for some to see but fear not, for you share this with many great men and women of history whom were persecuted or ill thought of because of their doings. Stand tall, have a ball!

The green hat is a result of the color combination of the two lower clothing pieces, the yellow doublet and the turquoise kilt.

The cloak carries a pink color which many times are used to symbolize something child-like and innocent. You're like the Peter Pan of UOSA playing with people, dropping traps on corpses and playing hide and seek with them in their houses. Continuously showing all of us "growing up" and living the "usual" life of Britannia is far less rewarding than doing it Downs style.

And why the blue shoes? Well everyone needs a pair of Blue Suede Shoes as the King was singing about. That's a rock'n'roll song and what you Mr Downs art doing in the world of Britannia, I dare say, is truly rock'n'roll!

Now, Mr Downs accept this suit and wear it with pride and trickery!
Lankgord: Hello. I'm New To The Server. Any Drama Going On Lately?

[20:38] <newYorK>i love how franz is in game robbing me while im reading his comic
[20:38] <newYorK> priceless

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

So Downs, are we still limited to ONE entry per person? I saw some that had a *few* on their submissions - if we can add more, I will, otherwise, I request clarification of the rules/penalties if there are *already* multiples submitted.

.... word.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Does my private submission count?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Go ahead and add another submission I suppose. Rules are meant to be broken! With that said, I'll extend the deadline to tomorrow at midnight in case any of you want to add another submission, for the sake of being fair.

Vega, post it here if you would. I deleted your private submission so fast!