Exploratory thread for interest in a dueling league.

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Exploratory thread for interest in a dueling league.

Post by Menkaure »

Abyz, since theres an issue with the time zones, we can always just have matches on different nights/times. For example, lets say NA people have matches on Monday nights or w/e. Well, Aussy/Euros that have to fight NA peeps could always have their matches on Saturday nights or somewhere around that area so it can accomadate for the fight. Of course if theres 2 NA guys fighting or 2 EURO or 2 Aussy guys fighting they can meet whenever is convienent for them as well. We can use my tower as the dueling grounds if you all want.

Edit:
As the answer for "dexxers" I won a tournament back in 1999 with a Dexxer. Dexxers can always win if they get some lucky hits and have some smarts with the build/play style. In my opinion, though, its easier for a dexxer to compete if Paralyze is banned from tournaments, maybe like how people frown upon magic reflect in tournys.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

@liinn- This may be too ambitious, but I'd like to see at least:

Finals tourney prizes:

1st: castle deed
2nd: tower deed
3rd: patio deed

I'd also like each participant to receive a small deed after the finals for being involved in the season.

I may explore the option of getting staff to provide prize trophies. From what I hear, this would require us to put up an appropriate amount of silver or existing statue trophies. I'm not sure if this will be possible.

It's all going to boil down to what I can rustle up in the way of donations!

@menk- I'm thinking of chopping the season into week long "rounds" where participants will have those seven days to handle their fights for that round. That should give all time zones plenty of breathing room to coordinate matches. I don't have a system set in stone yet, as I want to wait and see how many people are in.

Also, on the dexxer discussion, paralyze will not allowed in these matches. Dexxers can indeed do well under tourney rules, as long as the player knows what they are doing.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

digitaldemon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by digitaldemon »

Count me in !
<abbub> digi my fav vendor on the whole damn server

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

Good luck with this Abyz. It's good to see a well mannered and active pvper is willing to put fourth the effort.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Thats actually a great idea Abyz, a week to give 2 individiuals to fight is a spectacular plan. This should be an oustanding league. I have high hopes for this :P
By the way, Ill donate what I can. I have 75k to my name but I will still try to donate as much as I can.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

I have high hopes! Everyone's going to be a winner, so sign up!

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

i like yer week time so all timezones the constestants can just find a time together that suits both and all.

I'l keep an eye to see where and what i can do to support this :) i dont pvp myself but i aprove of big events for everyone without broke being excluded due to entry fee:P

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

Rigby

Post by Rigby »

I am in bro

Silent Killer

Post by Silent Killer »

im in
Image Image

farnk

Post by farnk »

farnk r in !1!!!!!!!!!!!!! what times are you thinking for the dueling dates or w/e?

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Im trying to come up with a simple system that wont take too long... but I think that each round participants will have a week to get 2-3 fights done vs certain opponents. Im devising a system now, and I will make a new post to launch the official league.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

One last thing I need before I can get this moving...

I am in need of 2-3 people who would be willing to act as referees for these duels... but who would also be willing to video the matches in some form. Freight Elevator has already volunteered, and I will always be willing, but if we had 2-3 more people available it would help things go more smoothly. Plz let me know if you'd be interested in helping out in this area.

farnk

Post by farnk »

tbh i'm not sure how important video taping these matches would be. if it turns out it's a problem i'd just forget it. i'd volunteer myself but personally ive never recorded a video

i think a set time and place where the duelists should have to meet up would work. who ever doesn't show up forfeits their match.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Menkaure wrote:Abyz, since theres an issue with the time zones, we can always just have matches on different nights/times. For example, lets say NA people have matches on Monday nights or w/e. Well, Aussy/Euros that have to fight NA peeps could always have their matches on Saturday nights or somewhere around that area so it can accomadate for the fight. Of course if theres 2 NA guys fighting or 2 EURO or 2 Aussy guys fighting they can meet whenever is convienent for them as well. We can use my tower as the dueling grounds if you all want.

Edit:
As the answer for "dexxers" I won a tournament back in 1999 with a Dexxer. Dexxers can always win if they get some lucky hits and have some smarts with the build/play style. In my opinion, though, its easier for a dexxer to compete if Paralyze is banned from tournaments, maybe like how people frown upon magic reflect in tournys.
Everyone knows that people outside of America don't exist. Please grow up Menk.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Ya, in the effort to not bite off more than I can chew, the videoing is definitely optional. All I'm really looking for are some highlights here and there as the season progresses. A referee will need to be on hand for each match however. Anyway, farnk I will accept your volunteering as a ref. :)

A couple more volunteers, and I think I have what I need to officially launch this thing.