Suggestions: Not really anything to do with ERA

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
RickyM

Suggestions: Not really anything to do with ERA

Post by RickyM »

Wanted to state this is nothing to do with Era... I believe the server truly is very accurate on the era.. before the game went to shit with trammel, and insurance, and insanely item dependent.

I played UO for a long time.. and after UO I went on to play AC on darktide server.. ac stand for asheron's call.. and had to be one of the most enjoyable games for pvp I have ever played.. it really ranked up there with UO... at any rate my suggestion kinda comes from ideas based on functions in that game. Now I ran my own server for a long time back years ago and scripted some of the things I am about to bring up into it..

I have been playing on the server for a few days.. and I have mainly been just wondering around.. I remember back in the day you could run into people while roaming, I have only came across people hiding in there houses macroing.. most of us know this game back and forth.. so lets make it alittle less known? give reason to explore a bit?

world name Boss creatures / Rare creatures.. give them a random spawn time days or weeks between spawning, and give them a large area to spawn in so making it just teleporting in to one spot and checking if they are up..

examples..
lets say a rare White gorilla that has a very high dmg hit that can crack armor easily. just a quick thought up mob..

a Boss Ogre spawns in a camp type area with 2 ogre lords and 4 normal ogres..

------------- world spawns like that would get the people wondering and traveling again.. those times when we would explore to see what we could run into.. find some old ruins with a lich lord inside waiting for us to call a couple friends to try and kill it. I dont believe these effect the "era" but would add to the server. say they drop some unique loot that isn't over powered, yet is usefull or just good as a show off trophy..

Example.. the ogre boss could drop..
*name*'s Might
Hammer pick with humanoid slaying. with +5 tactics...
droppable.. unique items like that should be droppable.
just an example..

collectable quest items...

Example:
say you have to fight earth elemental to get earth elemental hearts.. you have to collect 10 hearts.. you bring the 10 hearts to a special npc that will craft them into a elemental ingot.

then you have to kill blood elemental to get to get 10 vials of elemental blood... that a GM alchemist then has to use to infuse the elemental ingot.. with a chance to fail destroying the ingot.

then you take the infused elemental ingot. and you buy a weapon stamp from a vendor in a nice remote location that is now rarely visited...

you can then take the weapon stamp say your a fencer.. you get a fencing stamp.. then you apply it to the ingot.. according to a skill check you will receive then an stamped infused ingot of quality depending what your skill check result was.. say .. : Poor was a failed, a normal was a pass, then you have a chance to get an exceptional.. Once stamped the Ingot can not be used by another player.

you take that stamped ingot then and give it to a npc black smith that will then give to you a special weapon for completing the quest. lets go with fencing again.. and say your out come was exceptional.. you would get something like

Perfect Paracelsusian Warpick
proprieties: Elemental Bane
Blessed for the creator only..
high duration

would be best to also script in a catch where it has reduced damage vs players.. maybe add in a new option for that in the base weapons that if set to true players receive only half dmg from that weapon.. ? or something of the sort..

Could also be pvp specific items that are not really good in PVE could be a long collectable type quest just like above of course with changes.. bringing back melee pvp... ? and making it so pvp doesn't last forever..

I just thought of this as ideas to help bring out all the macro'ers to actually do something.. explore again..

ok so that is some of my general suggestions.. that I thought up... so love it.. hate it.. but i still would enjoy to see it..

Populus

Re: Suggestions: Not really anything to do with ERA

Post by Populus »

This is not the server for your suggestion.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

I beleive that any type of "rare weapons" obtained in game, diminishes the player economy of GM weapon and player farmed ressources. IMHO this part of the economy of UO was a streak of genious.

Why ? In WoW, you dont use regular linen to craft level 70+ stuff, you use frostweave... this exemple goes for most skills/craft in the game. So a newbie farming iron will make a lot less than someone farming say, Thorium. In UO that newbie farming 5k iron in his free time is a welcomed addition for most blacksmiths !

But I'm moving away from the OP's post.
Long story short, I do not think it was a good Idea for OSI to go with a wow-esque approach with UO (just try it, you'll see what I mean), and it's certainly not a good idea here. :wink:

RickyM

Post by RickyM »

Francois424 wrote:I beleive that any type of "rare weapons" obtained in game, diminishes the player economy of GM weapon and player farmed ressources. IMHO this part of the economy of UO was a streak of genious.

Why ? In WoW, you dont use regular linen to craft level 70+ stuff, you use frostweave... this exemple goes for most skills/craft in the game. So a newbie farming iron will make a lot less than someone farming say, Thorium. In UO that newbie farming 5k iron in his free time is a welcomed addition for most blacksmiths !

But I'm moving away from the OP's post.
Long story short, I do not think it was a good Idea for OSI to go with a wow-esque approach with UO (just try it, you'll see what I mean), and it's certainly not a good idea here. :wink:

ummm what i described was not really anything close to wow's bullshit... like I explained is more of an AC idea'lism and i describe 1 very long and hard tidious item to get, that is directed at being used for killing elementals.. would be like someone using a silver weapon of power to kill undead.. and yes people use silver weapons on the server right? and other "monster slaying loot items" does that ruin the economy no.. like i had said.. most of these items would be more of a trophy/rare item to show off.. i never once said give the players an item that would tear the farbic of the world... here is an example of the type of bullshit item I can figure going in your head.

Ultimate Weapon
Vanq
God SLayer
+50 Tacts
Blessed
indestructible
on attack, caste paralyze(unlimited charges) and make your char emote an evil laugh .

now that would be some DUMB wow shit, I can not stand wow.. and can't believe you related my post to it... my suggest were for items that would not imbalance the system.. and add reasons to go exploring the world again..

the npcs and rare monsters should have to be found by the players.. I also Gave the Player skills a presence in my example.. so giving them even MORE ways to earn in the economy. so please READ it before trying to judge about it incorrectly.

for the most part I could see if there were rare boss type monsters added with there own unique items.. that MOST would simply lock them down in there house for showing off.. like in AC, cause most unique items you found where not as good as items you would be using..

Andersonius

Post by Andersonius »

Interesting suggestion but would never happen as it relates to ERA 0% thus will not be implemented. What is implemented in game is done so because of the need to fix things to bring things more to the accuracy of the target date which the shard has based itself on.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Ricky, you have many opinions and ideas, and I respect your ideas because they are good ones. However, as said before, this is an era accurate shard. So era accurate they let little exploits like dying in the middle of a tower in to keep it so era accurate. So anything like the opinion in your op wont even be looked at.
Right now the biggest let down on this server is that they took out server events like capture the flag, and duel tournaments run by the gms because they wanted more era accuracy. IF they are going to change ANYTHING, then lets hope they put those back first, because those were by far the most fun things that they took out.
As for the rare mobs, etc; if thats what your looking for, maybe this isnt the shard for you. If you are happy with what this place is, then concentrate on trying to get better and enjoy your time here.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Andersonius

Post by Andersonius »

I agree about events coming back. That would be nice.....thats not ever going to happen either though. :(