Please dont be too era accurate in some cases

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Imric

Please dont be too era accurate in some cases

Post by Imric »

Hi, im new here but have played baya from nov97-dez97, catskills from dez97-oct98 and drachenfels from oct98 till malas, so in know that era

There was many annoying stuff in late 99 (this what u want to be), but some of this was just dedicated to the crappy internet connections we all had these days and the servers osi had... (ive read many threads and some suggestions in the forum here now)

-at start the bank could hold as much items and as much weight as anyone wanted, but the servers couldnt handle this, so they capped, i suggest stay on the item limit but dont cap the weight, new players here (like me) will thank you

-leave the vendors as they are, they shouldnt buy anything to any limit, it would be too easy to macro gold

-and now, this ones harsh, limit the houses to one per account ! everyone can have 3 accounts, thats more than enough

-please leave normal mounts the way they are, feeding on low stamina, talk to them and going wild only after few days of sitting on it, not talking of fighting pets, they could even be harder, i remember i had to hide from my fresh tamed dragon again and again and feed it till it obeyed my commands

-and last now, i CAN confirm that the repair while hidden bug existed, i repaired all my stuff this way with a fresh started blacksmith, but i suggest to not implement it here, it was a bug, else u would have to implement the blacksreen and server crash dupe bugs as well *g*

Imric

Re: Please dont be too era accurate in some cases

Post by Imric »

And this is one too, not too many players make their money from buying out reg vendors, but every player needs some
And you CANT detect every easy uo script that teleports from vendor to vendor nor have the gms to handle this, so i suggest some sort of a base stock every reagent seller has to any player, maybe leave it at 20

Pac

Post by Pac »

Hi I know the primary goal if this shard is era accuracy but I've been playing here 15 minutes and have decided we need to change all that.

Imric

Post by Imric »

I thank you for your sophisticated and eloquent comment

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Pac wrote:Hi I know the primary goal if this shard is era accuracy but I've been playing here 15 minutes and have decided we need to change all that.
lol
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Dolamar

Post by Dolamar »

Pac wrote:Hi I know the primary goal if this shard is era accuracy but I've been playing here 15 minutes and have decided we need to change all that.
Slam-ah! Bam! hehe

Imric

Post by Imric »

the toon named Imric on myUOSA isnt a char of mine, played more than 100 hours now here (and about the same time few years ago) and my suggestions werent to change the server into anything else than t2a cause i love that era

was just about to KEEP some things that are already here for years, and make it MORE accurate in other cases (taming)

housing is era accurate, but very annoying for new players (like me, a few houndred hours is still new), i could place one cause i know the spots, but i couldnt have managed this if my bank box was restricted to a weight limit...

so, this post wasnt about to change the server, just about to keep it this way with a few suggestions to get more new players

Andersonius

Post by Andersonius »

Im not quite sure i understand what you are saying. The bank has an item limit and you can have unlimited weight in your bank as far as I know.....

As much as you might feel that houses should be restricted to one per account, its not going to happen even if it did people would horde their GF multi houses anyways and you are nowhere near the first, hundredth or thousandth person to say that should happen.

Adapt brother

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

Imric wrote:-please leave normal mounts the way they are, feeding on low stamina, talk to them and going wild only after few days of sitting on it, not talking of fighting pets, they could even be harder, i remember i had to hide from my fresh tamed dragon again and again and feed it till it obeyed my commands
Were you GM taming in those days?
Imric wrote:Please dont be too era accurate in some cases
This made me laugh
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Remove Publish 1, it is NEA.

Down with Runebooks and co-owners on houses.
Est Sularus oth Mithas