UO Audio defaults to 48k sample freq??

Topics related to Second Age
The oOo

UO Audio defaults to 48k sample freq??

Post by The oOo »

I use a soundcard that allows me to change its operating sample frequency, though I leave it defaulted at 44.1k in its control panel.

For some reason, when I load UO it will automatically change/increase my cards sample freq to 48k from 44.1k...never seen this problem before...I only discovered it just now when I was doing some skill macroing and figured I'd load up my recording software to record a few tracks and got sample freq errors loading up my existing 44.1k tracks...wouldn't play due to the card being set to 48k while UO was running...took a few to figure out what was going on...

definately UO that changes the sample freq to 48k, I can watch it change on loading...doesn't default back to 44.1k when closing UO either...stays at 48k.

I can't find a setting in UO to default it to 44.1k audio...any suggestions?
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Andersonius

Re: UO Audio defaults to 48k sample freq??

Post by Andersonius »

What OS are you running? Sounds a little like how on Win7 the visual theme will be changed when running UO and reverts when all clients are closed maybe it does something with sound as well?

The oOo

Re: UO Audio defaults to 48k sample freq??

Post by The oOo »

Andersonius wrote:What OS are you running? Sounds a little like how on Win7 the visual theme will be changed when running UO and reverts when all clients are closed maybe it does something with sound as well?

Soundcard is a Audiophile Delta 2496...

It's not a game-stopping issue...apparently I've never macro'd UO and recorded at the same time before LOL or I suspect I'd have seen the issue years ago, as I've had the card since T2a days...

I just never knew UO's audio files were 48k as 44.1k is and always has been the "standard"...

:)
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo