Insta-hit and weapon timers.

Moderator: Support Moderators

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Insta-hit and weapon timers.

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I am admitedly no great PvPer, but I am trying to find information on how this works so that I might get into the sport. From my understanding it works like this...

When I swing my weapon a timer starts, the duration is based on stamina and the weapons speed.

Once the timer is up and the weapon can fire again, I could re-equip it and it will instantly hit again, and then I could disarm it while I do something else and wait for the timer again?

That makes sense, I gathered that much from readin the T2A Wiki (thanks for that). But my question is, how does this work on newly equipped weapons?

If I have a weapon equipped, and I am not attacking anyone. Then I cast Explode-Ebolt and equip my weapon will it insta hit? What calculates the first hit?

What happens if I use the insta-hit on say, a hally, and then unequip it and equip a Dagger, what timer do I have to wait for now? The dagger or the Hally?

And Archery? How does archery work exactly? I read that Archery's timer will tick while moving, does that mean I must be stationary for the non-ranged weapons timer to tick?

I did search, but I found many different answers.

Thanks

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Re: Insta-hit and weapon timers.

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

it used to be on this shard that it was the weapon timer based on stamina like you said,
so if you had a katana and kat whacked some nub cake you would have to wait 2.5 seconds or however long the cooldown to make another kat hit would take to hit with any and all weapons,
so if u equiped a kat and swung then you would have to wait the kat cool down time to equip a hally and you would get your hally hit

this was proven to be wrong in fausts thread about weapon timers in witch he showed that osi changed the way weapons worked because of a bug in the system witch let u arm a katana hit with it arm a hally hit with it then equip a katana and repeat witch would let u basicaly get to attack with a hally at the rate of a katana, osis fix was to have a 2 second delay between weapon timers after you unequip a hally

and so the short answer is that if u attack with any weapon then disarm it in 2 seconds you can hit again(if you dont wrestle in those 2 seconds)
then it sets it to the wreslte timer of 3.5 seconds i believe
i hope this is clear for you

heres the thread were fausts explains all this http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4340
its kind of complicated but i beleif ive just explained it all here

and i beleive archery dosent tick wile moving thats the set back and u have to stand still for 1 second to shoot it and it has a 1 second to delay to damage

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Thanks, I'll be sure to read over that long version when I get the time later. I started up on the test center to get the idea and I recorded packet videos and timed them to get an idea. I think I have got it now....

Basically, Archery always delays 1 second before hitting its target (or missin) but it still does the "insta" hit, only with a 1 second delay on the damage, much like how the explosion spell works.

What I found was that I could equip a Heavy Xbow, wait about 10 seconds for it to load, and then attack something. As soon as I saw the animation of the bow swing I would cast Explode-EB or whatever, and by the time the explode/eb hit the heavy arrow would have already hit. As soon as the target cursor ends from the Energy bolt, I could equip a Regular bow, and it would fire immediately. However if I used a heavy bow the second time, it would have that horrid long delay and would not fire immediately after the magery combo. So I totally get the idea, I think..

THanks

dirtypitbull18

Post by dirtypitbull18 »

I think yall are all wrong on the inst-hit issue because of the descriptions you are giving it. The bug was a result of the program disarming a wep without user interference.........The way it was put into practice is as follows......precas ebolt.....arm hally with drag and drop method.......Let hally hit drop ebolt or whatever other spell which disarms the hally automatically......immediately arm kat cast anything in order to drop kat......arm hally to which also disrupts spell and swings hally which on the other end to the other player looks as if it were hally ebolt hally ebolt when in reality it was a double strike from a hally and the last ebolt never went into effect.........though by some miracle if they did take hally ebolt hally all inside 1.1 secs you could always retap the ebolt key after you let second hally strike hit to get the last spell in you could only accomplish this in trasistion from castspell wait for targetcursor to appear\ arm hally with dragdrop method\ let the hally hit\ hit the other guy with spell\ arm katana with hotkeywhich resets to kat speed\ startcasting ebolt but arm hally to purposely disrupt spell which also resests the second hally strike for imediate second hit\ You absolutely had to drag up the hally so the server didnt know it was there and thought that it was expecting a spell and you were only about 50\50 chance of getting the second shot from hally if you didnt have your opponent already on last target with lasttarget/armdisarm macro which if lag got in way that wouldnt work either. If you admin guys have any questions about this email me from my account info and i will help you out with whatever cause i used to play way back when lol

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

"instant hit" refers to the fact that the damage is applied at that the start of the animation
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

dirtypitbull18

Post by dirtypitbull18 »

Yes i under stand the part about the insta hit but I think your looking into the problem with the timers as being what caused the bug for the exploited part of it. The bug in my opinion wasnt a timer problem it was a recognition problem as in the software was hiding the hally from its self in all that transitioning which wasnt causing a timer problem it was more likely the code wasnt fast enuf to reset all those timers from swapping weps and spells and disturbs fast enuf and was causing an instant hit after rearming the hally. I know insta hit is hitting immediately from when damage went out in the combat cycle. What I am saying is that all those bloated wep damage numbers werent because of what timer ticked down but wether or not there was even a timer to tick down. That second hally strike never waited long enough for the katana timer to expire it was let go as soon as the arm key was hit as if it where the very first shot in the entire fight.

dirtypitbull18

Post by dirtypitbull18 »

One more thing you may want to look into because its been awhile...I wasn't using a third party program to do the disarming and rearming i was using the uo options... Im sure that uoassist, extreme, easy, and razor could probably do a drag drop macro that if i remeber correctly if you dragged up the wep you wouldnt disturb your second spell.....Not sure on that one but seems like that was the case and was why so many got blanket banned for using the programs even when alot of them werent and were manually doing all that to try and stay competitive in the fight.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

this thread is from 99 lol you rezed it from the dead.............
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Return to “New Player Help”