Mindblast?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
oddball

Mindblast?

Post by oddball »

If I recall Mind blast was the big spell of t2a not EB. MB used to do big damage to warriors, and mages low on mana, if a recall right.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Mindblast?

Post by tekai »

I also remember this, it used to do a lot more damage.
[broken image]

platy

Post by platy »

I've been getting my patches mixed up (like trading after stealing) BUT I'm "pretty" sure that mindblast wasn't effective until the very first faction test center went up- definately after t2a..

oddball

Post by oddball »

now im 100% sure it was gone by the time factions hit

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I believe mindblast works by hurting who has the less intelligence, but I also think it was gimped to the point many patches back that it's very easily resisted.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

As I understand it, Mindblast was a big spell until the Eval Int/Resist patch, after which the spell became pretty useless.

oddball

Post by oddball »

Ahhh thanx memory was kinda foggy, lol thanxs for the quick reply

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

how does mindblast work, i know that in uor it does more damage the bigger the difffrence between your highest stat and your lowest stat.

platy

Post by platy »

oddball wrote:now im 100% sure it was gone by the time factions hit
I was in factions on OSI, mindblast definately took the place of ebolt by then.
It's still the most effective damage spell on any UOR shard you play- Maybe it did better damage before t2a or early t2a when I was still a newb- not sure.. But to say it was gone with factions is definately incorrect.

I think the formula was My intel - Your intel [with some resist calculation] = Damage?

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

platy wrote: I think the formula was My intel - Your intel [with some resist calculation] = Damage?
Yeah, this was the original formula. Then they did it so it was [Highest Stat - Lowest Stat/2 = Damage ]I believe
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Faust

Post by Faust »

Mind blast never became good until the UOR publish when it was based on the combination of stats of the target that it was casted on. It was always a broken spell during the Pre:UOR era's. Here are some descriptions of the spell from different sources through out multiple time periods.
- Stratic's '98 -
Mind Blast is supposed to have you and your opponent have a mind war. The person with the greater intelligence wins and the other can't cast spells for a while. Doesn't work on creatures or players who have any Magic Resist at all so don't even bother with it.
- Stratic's '99 After Eval Patch -
A battle of minds, whoever has more intelligence wins. The loser can not cast spells for a time. When combined with Evaluate Intelligence (the skill), this can be quite crippling against mages of all levels.
- Stratic's '99 Resist Chart -
The Mind Blast spell is another complete mystery. Originally this spell compared the INT of the attacker versus the INT of the defender, and the loser suffered severe damage. Now, it's rather unknown exactly how this spell works with resistance and evaluate intelligence, or even how much damage can be accomplished by using it.
- T2A Playguide -
Mages attempting to cast this psell should take care to avoid the deception of price, for Por Corp Wis pits the mind of the mage against the mind of the intended victim, and the less intelligent of the two is harmed.
- UOHOC April 17, 1998 -
Gasper - From Wildfire:There are alot of broken/usless spells, such as the poisen feild and mindblast, when will they be fixed?
Stormwind - We will check those spells
- UOHOC May 7, 1998 -
Gasper - From Thunderhawk: what's on the horizon for useless/broken/new spells?
DesignerD - That's a bit too vague. Which spells do you want to know about?
Gasper - I assume he is inquiring about tweaks being planned for magery and such spells as para field that just dont seem to work right now
C_ProZack - Sorry to interrupt DD, but I am 100% sure he is talking about Mana drain, Mind blast, etc
DesignerD - Heh, you came up with different lists. ;)
DesignerD - We'll continue to try to fix any that are broken or underpowered, of course, but I'd have to get quesitons on specific ones to even take a stab at how we'd fix them
Gasper - Ah, okay, next item then
- Stratics UOR Era -
The great equilizer. No longer will perfect 100/100/25 stats rule the battlefield. Mindblast can do up to 40 damage when used in conjunction with stat altering spells described above.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

MB was all UOR trammel shit.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

mind blast got nerfed about half way through t2a i dont remeber it ever cripleing you from casting spells and ive never heard of that. b4 it got nefed it was good on newbies someone should research this propely i beleive it worked only on people with low int .

platy

Post by platy »

Why do research? Faust just quoted all the Mindblast occurences since t2a.. not even three posts above yours.. :shock:

Creager

Post by Creager »

mindblast was useless durning T2A

Same goes for lightning, and fireball; well they were kill shots at best.

wands were also pretty useless.
Jono | Carnous | Micro