Guide : Murderer Bounties

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Derrick

Guide : Murderer Bounties

Post by Derrick »

The bounty system is in. There's not much to it but there are a few issues about it that may not be entirely intuitive so here a quick explanation of how it works.

Posting a Bounty:

When you have been killed and are eligible to report the murder, a menu will display asking if you want to report it, and also provides a place for you to type in a bounty that you wish to place on the murderer.

Also on the menu, you will notice a maximum amount of bounty that you may post. That number represents the amount of gold you have in your bank. Any bounty that you post will be withdrawn from your bank immediately and there is no way to get that money back short of collecting the bounty on the murder yourself.

If you post a bounty in excess of your available funds, no bounty will be posted on the killer.
You must report the murder to post a bounty. If the cancel button is pressed no bounty will be posted.

Be very careful when entering the bounty. We will be unable to correct bounties that were posted in error.

Collecting a Bounty:

When you have killed another player or human NPC you may use a bladed tool or weapon to "carve" the corpse. This will produce the head of the deceased in addition to other decorative body parts. You will lose karma for cutting up corpses unless you are already considered to be a vile person.

You may take the head to a guard to check for a bounty on the head. Simply drag the head onto the guard and drop it. If there is a bounty on the head, and you meet the requirements to collect it, the bounty will be claimed deposited in your bank and the head will be kept by the guard.

There are some requirements to collecting the bounty:
  • You must be reputable, i.e., you may not have negative karma yourself.
  • You must submit the head within a guarded town. Guards that have wandered out of town are too disoriented and preoccupied to process bounties.
  • You must have killed the player, or if the player killed himself, you must have carved the body.
  • Order and Chaos guards do not process bounties.

Derrick

Re: Murderer Bounties

Post by Derrick »

Here's a link to the old stratics site about T2A era bounties
Reputation FAQ: Bounties

Note that currently we don't have the bounty boards up. They will be coming soon.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Awesome been waiting for this

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

Derrick can that murderer have more then 1 bounty reported? the killer will get all gold with only 1 head or 1 bounty report per head?
Visit Khronus Mall 2 Screens North From Brit Moongate!!!

alatar

Post by alatar »

The person to slay the murderer reaps all the benefits of previous bounties, hence the word, 'bounty'..

alatar

Post by alatar »

Does chopping a corpse flag you gray here? I believe I saw someone get wacked in town for doing that earlier..

dirk smallwood

Post by dirk smallwood »

I'm sure this would be slightly difficult to add, but could you atleast add a ip check or something to keep someone from just double clienting to claim their own bounty?

I know this won't keep guildies and whatnot from claiming each others bounties, but would atleast stop the lone pkers.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Khronus wrote:Derrick can that murderer have more then 1 bounty reported? the killer will get all gold with only 1 head or 1 bounty report per head?
If you turn in the head of a murderer you will receive all the bounty that was posted for that murderer at the time that the head was taken. You cannot then save a head in the hopes that the bounty will later increase.
alatar wrote:Does chopping a corpse flag you gray here? I believe I saw someone get wacked in town for doing that earlier..
Yes, carving a blue corpse is a criminal action. Carving a red or grey corpse is not. In either case however you do lose karma.
dirk smallwood wrote:I'm sure this would be slightly difficult to add, but could you atleast add a ip check or something to keep someone from just double clienting to claim their own bounty?

I know this won't keep guildies and whatnot from claiming each others bounties, but would atleast stop the lone pkers.
We've considered this in addition to other methods of preventing people from collecting their own bounties. In addition to the complexity of implementing it, we don't think a huge benefit would be reaped here, and really it just encourages cooperative exploitation, rather than individual exploitation of the bounty system.

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

Problem is most people wont put a bounty on a murderer if they know he is the one whos claiming that gold...

DemonArkanis

Post by DemonArkanis »

For a murderer to claim gold they have to kill themselves. I assure you the only time the gold will actually build up is when the murderer is deep in red. Frankly i would never lose my character to stat loss just to get some gold. I doubt there will be a problem.

Dupre[THG]

Post by Dupre[THG] »

true that
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

Do u have to be red to get bounties on u?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

You can post a bounty any time you've been murdered

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

Yeah so if a blue kills u and u put a bounty on him he can go double client kill himself and get the bounty... that was my point.

but yeah demon what u said make sense...

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is a good point. I'm going to restrict the ability to post bounties to characters which are red, which I believe is accurate anyway.