Guide : Provocation

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Strabo

Re: Guide : Provocation

Post by Strabo »

Great! Thanks Todd

bamjiggy

Post by bamjiggy »

Does Dex Factor in at all while GM music and GM Provo? can i max int and str and leave my dex at 25 or would that cripple a bard end game?

Bag

Post by Bag »

don't need dex. my bard is 100s/100i/25d

bamjiggy

Post by bamjiggy »

Bag wrote:don't need dex. my bard is 100s/100i/25d
thanks alot man

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Derrick wrote:Chance to provoke = (Music + Provo) / 2
In your OP you said there isn't 100% chance to prov with GM bard/prov. Which one is it?

If this is true, we have a 75% chance to successfully provoke with GM bard/50 prov? I would've thought the chance to provoke should've been more like (music * prov)/100 = % chance. So at 100/100 you have 100% but 50music*50prov you get a 50% skill check success on playing correctly, then 50% chance on provoking = 25%. Definitely seemed that way when I was trying to entice with 50 music/50 enticement. With your formula I'd have a 50% chance, but it was definitely nowhere near 50% (assuming the 2 formulas are the same)

-------------

And regarding gaining... I've gone 50 - 98.8 from about 20-30 hours macro (honestly couldn't say.. its a slow skill though). I'm still gaining from a timberwolf trapped in my house, I'm pretty certain you can gm from a bunny at the same speed as a dragon (not difficulty based)

Just setup a macro

Use skill prov
Wait for target (timeout 1)
Absolute target (animal)
Targetself
Wait 5s (accounts for failure + success)

You could improve the macro by changing "wait for target" to "wait 0.5s" and then the "Wait 5s" to "Wait 4s". You can also use system messages to account for failure/success, but it's not important.

I think every time the server restarts, you'll need to re-target your instrument before starting the macro, and obviously re-target an animal if you are using a different animal.

For those GMing music at the same time:

Use skill prov
Absolute target (animal)
Targetself
for (1 to 10)
doubleclick [instrument]
wait 0.5s
endfor

You should easily GM musicianship in 1 night
Last edited by nightshark on Sun May 02, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

punk wrote:40+ hours in the 90s? or total? I'm at around 24 hours went from 35 musicianship/provoke to 97.8 musicianship and 70.6 provoke and its starting to slow down. Not sure if I'll get to the mid 90s at the 40 hour marker...
24 hours and only 97.8 music? I believe your gains will be faster if you GM music first (or at least more quickly). I'd advice people using Panama's macro, who are GMing music with prov, to change his "wait x s" to a for loop, playing the instrument every 0.5s.

Ie, his wait 9s should be

for (1 to 18 )
doubleclick [instrument]
wait 0.5s
endfor

and the 4s waits
for (1 to 8)
doubleclick [instrument]
wait 0.5s
endfor

Not entirely sure of the object delay on musical instruments, but that will work regardless.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

shire99

Post by shire99 »

I know that this is an old thread, but I can't get my macro to target myself when trying to provoke the polar bear on myself. I do it fine manually, but the macro just leaves a cursor up. Is this a known problem? how to fix it?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

shire99 wrote:I know that this is an old thread, but I can't get my macro to target myself when trying to provoke the polar bear on myself. I do it fine manually, but the macro just leaves a cursor up. Is this a known problem? how to fix it?
Do you have problems with targetself in all macros, or just this one in particular?

Check to make sure you have a "wait for target", or some pause between the targetting, or it's possible the targetself will run before the target appears (which would skip the targetting entirely and just leave the cursor up).

You could also try to convert your targetself into absolute target (self) if that doesn't work. If you still have problems, just get 2 animals and make them target each other.

Last case scenario, redownload razor as I really don't know what else could be causing it

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

nightshark wrote:
Derrick wrote:Chance to provoke = (Music + Provo) / 2
In your OP you said there isn't 100% chance to prov with GM bard/prov. Which one is it?
GM Music + GM provo = 100% success.
shire99 wrote:I know that this is an old thread, but I can't get my macro to target myself when trying to provoke the polar bear on myself. I do it fine manually, but the macro just leaves a cursor up. Is this a known problem? how to fix it?
Try substituting pauses of 0.5s - 0.75s instead of the wait for tagets. That helped me in some of my macros. Also, do the 2 animal thing nightshark suggested, IMHO it's simpler.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Nikodemos

Post by Nikodemos »

Yo bro we were killing stuff together the other night, tried to send you a PM but couldn't figure it out lol. Sorry for the irrelevant post...

aNouC

Post by aNouC »

The best , easiest way and safest way to level Provocation is Moonglow Zoo

Simply use Provocation on an animal on the other side of the gate..target yourself , 11 second - here you go.

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

My provo macro pauses for 5 seconds after the provo attempt, then has an if statement that checks the system message for succeeds that contains another 5 sec. pause. You only need to pause for 5 seconds on failures.

Hank

Post by Hank »

Joueur Moyen wrote:My provo macro pauses for 5 seconds after the provo attempt, then has an if statement that checks the system message for succeeds that contains another 5 sec. pause. You only need to pause for 5 seconds on failures.
You can right click the wait for target and just edit the time out, i put all of mine to 1 sec (it defaults to 30).

And BTW the best place to do Prov Music is Moonglow Zoo, hands down... if your doing it somewhere else, your wasting your time. Just make sure when you make your macro have it Double click on your instrument first, that way if the Provo is on a timer, you still gain music.

Good luck!

Hank

Sheyon

Post by Sheyon »

The Moonglow Zoo isn't really the optimal place to train Provo. The reason being people frequently come around and kill/tame the animals to interrupt any people macroing there.

If you do set your guy up there, chances are an hour or two in someone will have killed your animal and waste loads of your time. The best thing to do is find someone that will let you use their house and trap a small animal inside of it with some boxes or tables and lock the door. You'll get way more actual training time in and skill up a lot quicker.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

imo drag an animal to an out of the way building, get it on an opposite side of a table to you, and macro away. for example, noone ever goes the bard building to the west of minoc bank. i macroed all my skills pre-house in there and was not griefed, stolen from, or killed once.