Murderer head turn in system is not acurate

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Murderer head turn in system is not acurate

Post by son »

During t2a, fame was not a requirement to obtain bounty on a murderer.

Additionally, this kill shot business is not acurate. Both of these requirements were not part of t2a era to obtain a murderer's bounty.

I just killed a PK, got his head, but somehow was unable to obtain it because the kill shot was probably awarded to one kind of monster in the dungeon.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Murderer head turn in system is not acurate

Post by Hemperor »

12/9/97 wrote:Only the bounty hunter can turn in the head.
There are no other mentioned bounty system changes throughout the rest of the patch notes leading up to UO:R...there are some other neat things in this note I'd like to check out, if anyone could chime in here and verify that the 97 posted system was accurate throughout the T2A era.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

"Bounty hunter" not necessarily means obtaining kill shot. Awaiting more people's responses on this.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

son wrote:"Bounty hunter" not necessarily means obtaining kill shot. Awaiting more people's responses on this.
What does it mean then? Lol

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Michael Malloy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Michael Malloy »

Hemperor wrote:What does it mean then? Lol
If you 99% of the damage to a red and a mongbat hits him for 1 damage and he dies, the mongbat is the bounty hunter? I think not.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I know for a fact it wasn't based on the kill shot.

I remember a time when we'd try to cut our friend's head in battle before anyone else could, to turn it in to collect the bounty rather than letting a stranger get the cash.

As for the karma requirement, I'm not sure about it, but off hand I'd say it's inaccurate because most my time on OSI I spent with negative karma (or negative Notoriety prior to Fame/Karma), and I do remember turning heads in
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

NPC/Creatures are not supposed to be assigned as the killer when it comes to bounties. This will be fixed.

Only respectable folk were allowed to turn in heads for bounties at some time. What respectable means may be open to interpretation too. There isn't a lot of hard documentation on the system from era. :(

slida

Post by slida »

I think this is a problem with how fame is rewarded as well when it comes to multiple attackers, for instance me and a buddy were fighting a titan and when it died, I received no fame at all. Another example: I got a silver serpent down to around 25% when another spawned and I provoked them and got no fame when the first one died, and this is my crafter, who has no title.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Slida,

That is because fame wasn't distributed between the people damaging a creature during t2a. The way that it worked during this era is the person who actually introduced the "killing last blow" to the mobile. Fame distribution wasn't implemented until the UOR era.