discovering second age

Topics related to Second Age
Tanis

discovering second age

Post by Tanis »

Some Thoughts On UO:

I started playing UO with the release of Age Of Shadows. I was quite impressed with this wonderful MMPRPG that had so many things to do and see. I have seen the advancments it made and question them. I rescently found the shard Second Age .com, where the world of UO is so much more enjoyable as this is a world without the uber things and nerfed skills and a place where the players still influence the game more than the treasure drop rate in some dungun. The second age is so awsom that ...well in second age uo the title Grand Master of a skill means something. A crafted exceptional item from a GM crafter is the best item there is. Oh there might be a small few magic items that might be treasure reward that might compete, but the crafter is still a charactor worth playing. and warriors are still a charactor that holds enough power to rule the lands. Mages compete too as well as bards and other charactor types and they are all on equal playing feild.Oh how fresh that is to have all charactor types on some kind of equal ground.the second age has everything to allow devolopement and rewards at gradient levels for so many different types of charactors. skills are still good skills and have the limitations they should have and the benifits they should have. They havent been made useless. items are still in use not useless. Now that i look back on AOS and those releases beyond that, I find that the crafter is now a charactor of past as they make things that are obsolete and no longer usefull items. the warrior is now also mage and actually more mage than warrior this class of charactor is also obsolete. and the magery is now being replaced with other forms, and ubered items have come into play so that reagents ( the main ingredient to magery ) are now a thing of the past and useless in UO. The second age holds the charactor you spend so much time developing dear and is set to let you play the charactor continously. In explaination, an EXAMPLE needs to be PORTRAYED. I placed those words in capitols so that the idea of example is not lost and the example some how becomes the subject or point, which it is not nor is intended to be.For EXAMPLE as I was saying, A tamer in present day UO tames a pet once stables it for a real life week and feeds poof it bonds. never has to use his skill again, as if the pet dies he resurects it and goes on. Second age however is before the bonding was even part of the game. Therefore the tamer's pet dies, he has to go tame another one.Just as awsom as if a Warrior loses his weapon or armor he would have to see a smith for the quality armor or weapon he had before. that is so awsom. I for one am tired of having a charactor which i like to role play, (and if you have a charactor in UO you ARE role playing weather you know it or not, regardless of your style of role play) become something no longer part of the play arena he lives in. If you like UO and want your charactor to be of importance again, come to the Second Age of UO where the players are the important items, where your not playing nintendo, but a real game.