40k Cut Cloth/SOLD

Buying/Selling Resources (Ingots/Boards/Etc)

Moderator: Trade Moderators

FearItself

40k Cut Cloth/SOLD

Post by FearItself »

I have 40k cut cloth for sale, I can also make it in to bandaids, I know that tailoring it into shirts will get me over 120k gold. Best offer so far is 100k in game, he had to go to sleep though and I forgot his name lol.

Last edited by FearItself on Sat May 02, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: 40k Cut Cloth/Bandies make an offer :)

Post by AshBorn »

Im not sure why someone would offer 100k for the cloth.

As bandages, which would be the most desirable type of cloth, it would sell for 1.25-2.0 each.

As just cloth, I would buy it at 1gp each (which is going rate for non-bandage cloth). If you cut them into bandages, I will pay 1.25 each because I resell them at 1.75 on my vendor.

The best way to get your money out of it would be to make it into shirts and sell it, but vendor resources are limited and its a pain in the ass. So cut it into bandages and sell em in bulk for 1.5-2.0 on the forums.

So here is my offer: 40k for it as it is. 50k if you want to cut it into bandages.

***The reason it doesn't fetch more than 1gp each, is because people farm sheep and what not and make it into large bulk. Im not trying to be a dick, but the market on cloth isn't where you think it is unfortunately. :( Your forum account is new so welcome to UOSA! If you need help with anything let me know! I'd be willing to help you out with gear/cash or w/e if you need more than you can sell the cloth for.

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

I couldn't accept that offer due to having 2 offers already much higher..
First was 80k gold for 40k cut cloth, then most recent was 100k...

I know I can make 130k+ by grinding the fine shirts but as you said it takes a lot of time to sell 5000 shirts lol.

Offers have been up to and around 2.5gp per cut cloth.

Thank you for the advice man, I definitely will remember it if this doesn't happen how I would like haha.

100k is the lowest I will go on forum. Going to be selling it 10k at a time in game if I can't find some one here

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Wish my account was older here so I can make and edit posts immediately.. don't mean to spam at all.

Yes my predicament is gold lol, no matter how this cloth sells I need the gold so my brother and I can afford a Large house /w Patio... currently have like 50k gold.

Been looting Idoc houses for 2 days in a row... I know I have other goods also but haven't organized

Any help attaining this house would be most sincerely appreciated

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

If someone offered you 100K in game, I'd take it. Chances are they were trying to help you out.

Orion (bless his heart) paid me 20K for 2K iron ingots (worth about 12K) during my first 72 hours on the shard. It was my first real money and I've never forgotten his generosity. It gave me the foothold I needed.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

FearItself wrote:Wish my account was older here so I can make and edit posts immediately.. don't mean to spam at all.

Yes my predicament is gold lol, no matter how this cloth sells I need the gold so my brother and I can afford a Large house /w Patio... currently have like 50k gold.

Been looting Idoc houses for 2 days in a row... I know I have other goods also but haven't organized

Any help attaining this house would be most sincerely appreciated
I can help your predicament. IRC me :)

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Thanks Ashbom for the help :) Also the 40k Cut Cloth is still for sale, not so picky about it being over 100k. Make an offer.

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

take anything over 40k, i sell cloth for 1 gold per and i have millions

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Happy Gilmore wrote:take anything over 40k, i sell cloth for 1 gold per and i have millions
i offered 60k for it to be nice and he said not enough, this could take awhile.
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Yes the lowest I think I will go is 80k gold . May end up selling it 2 -10k at a time if no one buys it as is.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I'm not trying to be mean, but the person buying this is going to turn it into shirts if they expect to make a profit. You need a runebook with all the tailors in it to make it worth while and be able to sell all the shirts. If you are going through the trouble of making a runebook for tailors, you will spend the extra time and make a runebook to all the cotton and sheep farms at the same time. Once you make a runebook to all the cotton and sheep farms, you'll be able to produce 8-10K cloth in under 15 minutes for free. You will be able to gather a lot faster than you can make shirts. At that point you'll just take a break and hit the farms as you make your rounds selling. You'll produce more cloth than you can make into shirts for free. You'll have absolutely no reason to buy cloth.

New guys trying to make money aren't going to buy cloth when they can get it for free with a little bit of effort. The only ones who will buy cloth are the vets who don't want to be bothered with hitting the farms. Those vets know they can get cloth at 1 GP each, so they won't pay anymore than that unless they are being nice.

WAP is being nice at 60K.

Cloth is the easiest resource in the game to acquire by far. People just aren't going to pay much for it. It sucks turning it into shirts and selling. That's why only new people typically do it, and they only do it until they find a better way to make money. With so many better/faster ways of making money it's mainly used for making bandies here. As Ash pointed out Bandies sell for 1.25 to 2 GP ea. Vendors cost money to run and they need at least .5 gp profit per to make it worth while. That makes 60K the top of the mark if you want to wait a long time for a sale, and 40K the realistic price. Since you've got a 60K offer on the table take it. You won't get any more.

I know that's not what you want to here, but it's the truth.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Thanks for the explanation and I am much clearer on the economic value of Cut Cloth now days lol, at first I needed as much as I could get for it, as well as being certain I don't sell for too cheap. After a few Idocs I have sold enough items to understand how things work lol.

I would take WAP's deal, if he is still interested.
thanks for your time

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Hehehe reminds me of an almost identical situation from when I first started :D viewtopic.php?f=75&t=50296 I tried to sell 40k cloth, vega generously offered 60k, I said no I want 70k minimum, he said no, so I ended up spending 14 hours making 40 bags of 125 shirts (5000 shirts) with it, then recalling around every hour for 5 hours to sell the 40 bags, and got ~100-110k in the end :) The one plus is making shirts can be done on a 50 tailoring character and can be done afk, so you can just login whenever is convenient and sell 8 bags in 10 minutes for a quick and decent 20-25k. For new players this is very very good money if they have a house and can figure out how they can afk it.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Did u just compare vega to me? Fml
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Aeris wrote:Hehehe reminds me of an almost identical situation from when I first started :D viewtopic.php?f=75&t=50296 I tried to sell 40k cloth, vega generously offered 60k, I said no I want 70k minimum, he said no, so I ended up spending 14 hours making 40 bags of 125 shirts (5000 shirts) with it, then recalling around every hour for 5 hours to sell the 40 bags, and got ~100-110k in the end :) The one plus is making shirts can be done on a 50 tailoring character and can be done afk, so you can just login whenever is convenient and sell 8 bags in 10 minutes for a quick and decent 20-25k. For new players this is very very good money if they have a house and can figure out how they can afk it.
Lol yea it's a fun lesson, hard not to accidentally insult or offend people when a newb lol, have to be sure you are making the same gold others would in the situation.

The Joker- offered 80k but I think it was a joke now lol. Any ways if this doesn't sell then I'll definitely be making some fancy shirts lol

Return to “Resources”