Moderator: Trade Moderators

Grogor

Re: Selling 2 towers

Post by Grogor »

Case solved! Thanks.

FrindleBabin

Post by FrindleBabin »

Capitalist wrote:The patio in the back is moved further South than it was prior.
That shouldn't be blocking it, I've checked it many times. There is more than enough room in front of that patio according to the house placement rules on the wiki. I'm sure people litter these forums with posts complaining about not being able to place houses though so I'll let it die..

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I will try and place it for you if you want.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

FrindleBabin

Post by FrindleBabin »

I think I might know what the problem is. What are the housing rules regarding tower wings? I know you can't place right under them, but if you back the house being placed up to where it's not directly under the wing, but its still within five tiles font\back of where the footprint of the wing WOULD BE if you extended it down to the ground, would that block placement?

EDIT: Ok, this definitely IS the problem. As an experiment, I removed my tower which created a ton of empty space around the other tower (the one with the wings that are blocking a keep). Then I tried placing a small house so that the front corner foundation was on the same tile that the front corner of the keep would need to go on in order to fit, and even a small house will not place there, because the footprint of the tower wing if you were to extend it all the way to the ground is within five tiles of the foundation of the small. You need to back the small up at least three tiles before it will go down, but there is not room to back a keep up three tiles because of the configuration of the trees in that area.

SO, long story short, the keep that was originally here must have been placed before some patch which changed the rules regarding tower wing footprints. So a keep will no longer fit in the spot where it once was. Sad :(

FrindleBabin

Post by FrindleBabin »

WOOT! Ended up buying the other tower, deeded both towers, and was able to place the keep finally! Also stuck a large brick where the other tower was :)

Keep-placement-gate resolved!!