How? Noto-PKed in town: I did nothing criminal, wasn't grey

Topics related to Second Age
FearItself

Re: How? Noto-PKed in town: I did nothing criminal, wasn't g

Post by FearItself »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:
FearItself wrote:Can't call the guards on yourself

Actually you can call guards on yourself... If you commit a crime in town, and then use your "vendor buy the guards and open the bank" macro, you will die. Quick, ask me how i know.
Weird.. I was grey in del after accidentally attacking apoc, I called guards thinking he was the grey one lol, they didn't pop me.

Thanks for the info

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Gigawatts...

He mispronounces it
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

I do have something to report, after all, and not-at-all any of the sorts of things that I had feared approximately 24 hours ago.

A few hours ago, Fearitself consented to meet my character (again, lol) at the Britain West Bank, and he very-graciously "set things straight", and was very good-natured, even professional, in his behaviour; entirely ungrudging. For my part, I didn't gripe nor whine, and even refused his initial offer (because the offer was, at least a little, more than fair) but, when he insisted, there was nothing to do but accept. There was some dumb joking-around (at least, my jokes were dumb: I remarked that "I don't think I got everyone's names, last night" ...), and I certainly felt gratified by the exchange, after we had parted company.

I can't even say that I am sorry about "the unfortunate circumstances": for me, this incident exemplifies something 'great' about the T2A era, and how UOSA has replicated it, and everything that is (or can be) 'great' about the then-T2A, and the now-UOSA, player community. Taken as a whole, the game-environment can be harsh, and there are players who can be incredibly insensitive and cruel (or simply ruthless), and there are players who just ... are not:

the former sort of player reminds us, with some frequency, how 'unfair' this game can (seem to) be, while the latter sort of player demonstrates how surprising some people can be.

/pulpit off

My 2nd or 3rd day back, about a week ago, I lent an in-game ear to another player, who was just "having a bad UO day" (or, perhaps, more than one, and/or too many such in a short span): I was content to listen, and I kept to myself any of my own "complaints". This person didn't gripe or whine, either, just described a series of "Alexander and the no good very bad day" style of aggravating playing experiences.

I even surprised myself by chuckling a little: no schadenfreude, simply the amusing revelation that I had heard these exact-same styles of discourse before, 4-5 years ago when I last visited UOSA, and also 15-17 years ago on OSI.

UOSA's declared mandate is to replicate UO's T2A era. Once again, and in a really weird way, I have to commend the degree of success that has been achieved!

Derrick and co., bravo!

To everyone else, thanks.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.