selling yew vendor house to brokkr

Buying/Selling Housing

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Brokkr

Re: selling yew vendor house to brokkr

Post by Brokkr »

whoa whoa whoa..
not sure what is being understood and misunderstood here..
i made an offer on the house, he accepted.
we didnt have a broker and i didnt know the guy, so suggested house first then deeds, or forum post.
he didnt trust me, so he made the post. i confirmed, and the trade was made.
i then resold the house and let him know.
he said something about me bragging about the resale and then logged out of irc.
so when he logged back in, i apologized for what came off as bragging... thats all.
Brokkr - The Dwarven Metal Worker

FORMERLY: MortiKi

Image Image

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

pretty much sounds like the definition of boasting
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak »

Merchant fight!
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I’m not saying either one is good, or either one is bad. I’m not saying either one is a douche or non douche.

I did point out Brokkr shouldn’t have said anything about the resale. I did point out Jerry was certainly hurt by the resale leading to this thread. I stand by both of those statements.

Both of those things can happen to both good and bad people. It’s not an attack or defense of anyone. It’s simply an analysis of the facts.

Used car dealerships do what Brokkr did all the time. They get our old rides for as cheap as they can and then flip them for as much as they can using their vast network and resources. We tolerate them as a society because we never truly know what they sell our car for. Everyone’s fine with the set up because everyone gets what they want essentially. The original car seller got an acceptable amount for the trade. The dealer got it at a price he knows he can make a profit on. The new buyer gets a “new” used car for what he feels is a fair price. Everyone’s happy. Cats and Dogs living together in harmony… Ignorance is bliss.

If the dealership calls us up after a sale and the salesmen lets it slip how much they made on the resale of our car, we’d be upset just like Jerry. We’d make grumpy posts about how the dealerships aren’t being fair in their pricing, etc etc. The truth is nothing actually changed and nobody should be upset. Everyone got what they wanted. It just reads very differently to the common observer. You can insinuate the dealership has bad business practices.

There’s nothing wrong with the original sale as both sides agreed on terms and finalized the trade. Brokkr did nothing wrong by reselling the property for more than he paid for it. He simply shouldn’t have notified Jerry of the resale or the resale price. It was in poor taste, and he apologized for it.

The insinuation is Brokkr doesn’t do fair trades, and the facts actually show the opposite is true. That’s why I was giving Treysta a hard time, heh heh. That’s why I chose to speak up. One slip of the tongue, and a subsequent apology isn’t anything to get worked up about or penalize someone for.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Brokkr

Post by Brokkr »

Thank you, Morgan1109.
and again I do apologize, Jerry.

i dont think making him aware of the resale was in bad taste.
but i do agree that sharing the amount was.
i just sort of assumed he would ask how much i sold it for, after i mentioned that i had done so.
which is why i also went ahead and mentioned the amount... sorry :/

Image Image

Brokkr

Post by Brokkr »

also Jerry, i didnt apologize until you logged back into irc.
you said i was bragging, and logged out.
i havent been on the forums since i posted the "resold" post.
i just read all of these posts today..

so it had nothing to do with your "beware" post.
i just didnt have the chance to do it until you logged back into irc..

Image Image

Jerry-Garcia

Post by Jerry-Garcia »

ok this really has gone waaaay further than I expected. So brokkr its all good, im not pissed I accept your apology. Unless you want to bro down with tongs and tinker tools flailing. =D

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

booooo burn the witch
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Jerry-Garcia

Post by Jerry-Garcia »

witches are made of wood correct? if their made of wood then they float.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

If she weighed the same as a duck... she's made of wood.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey