New player group - request for some stable slots

Topics related to Second Age
Kaincallavis

New player group - request for some stable slots

Post by Kaincallavis »

I just recently came over with a group of 5 other players - I am no stranger to old school UO. Played on private shards before and played uo back when it beta'd in '98 and went live in 99. UO:R ruined it with their addition of Barney land IE - trammel.

Not that I was a big bad pk or anything but when players knew they were 100% safe the "internet attitude" came out in all the little kids. Back in T2A and the old days players had to mind themselves or contend with the possible knife-in-the-back scenario that they might bring on themselves.

Anyway, I noticed that the stables are all stuffed, unlike how it really was back in T2A.

After reading the forums I see you guys had some issues with "dragon bombs."

A couple of my friends tamed and got their first mounts, and we saved up and got our first pack horse only to find it could literally not be stabled in ANY of the towns because they were ALL full. In the end we lost the mule and several of my buddies were pretty flustered that people went out of their way to ruin the server for new players.

Drunk'n suggests I write to the forum requesting some slots. If anyone has some spare it would be appreciated if my friends and I could get some slots for mounts and pack-mules.

Thanks.

--edited to correct the players name. It was apparently Drunk'n, not dunkin that made the suggestion :) - so bad with names ~_~

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: New player group - request for some stable slots

Post by Abyz »

I wish I had slots to give you guys.... I don't remember the stables being full on old osi with thousands of players either.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

Ahoy 6 new players to the shard. I would suggest you join yer forces and make an adventure out of getting slots. Hide, wait for someone to refresh or pull pets and stable yers in between. It's science.
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

DKS

Post by DKS »

If you look at his previous posts he wants to use dragons for turrets to grief players lol...someone give this guy some slots!!

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Taboo and I have slots. Just PM us in IRC and we can help you out.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

I respect wyrm bombs.
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

nevermind

Post by nevermind »

I find it hilarious that the 100 or so of us THAT still populate this shard and dont even maintain alot of houses anymore still refresh all the slots at the tamers. BAD ON YOU ALL . and thx ARIS for stepping up if i still had a tamer i woulld dump all the slots
irc axejunkie

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

nevermind wrote:I find it hilarious that the 100 or so of us THAT still populate this shard and dont even maintain alot of houses anymore still refresh all the slots at the tamers. BAD ON YOU ALL . and thx ARIS for stepping up if i still had a tamer i woulld dump all the slots
Well, in a way I'm part of the problem... since I'm also taking the slots instead of dumping them.. keep in mind there are only 2800 on the entire server, and I know a few people have 300+ each, so, it adds up really quick.

To the OP, sorry I haven't been able to get with you in game yet. I should be able to on Thursday afternoon or evening. Hope you can wait until then.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Aeris wrote:
nevermind wrote:I find it hilarious that the 100 or so of us THAT still populate this shard and dont even maintain alot of houses anymore still refresh all the slots at the tamers. BAD ON YOU ALL . and thx ARIS for stepping up if i still had a tamer i woulld dump all the slots
Well, in a way I'm part of the problem... since I'm also taking the slots instead of dumping them.. keep in mind there are only 2800 on the entire server, and I know a few people have 300+ each, so, it adds up really quick.

To the OP, sorry I haven't been able to get with you in game yet. I should be able to on Thursday afternoon or evening. Hope you can wait until then.

Wtf has 300+ pets and why?!

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Which is why I do my part to bust as many turrets as I can. Ur all welcome
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

A good resist training session usually involves 100 wyrms. The tamer will also have some dragons, mares, frenzies occupying another 20-30 slots for mounts and adventuring, etc. Now if the tamer plans on selling tames you can easily double that and you get pretty close to the 300 number.

There are 2800 slots split amongst 465 GM tamers or about 6 spots per GM tamer. That doesn’t account for people who have slots on non tamer characters to trade out mounts. It doesn’t take into account tamers who have been idled. If 9 tamers hold 300 slots each, that’s 2700 slots or pretty much the amount for the whole shard.

I personally occupy 20 slots currently, but my tamer is pretty young yet. I’d like to have 60 slots total or about 40-50 wyrms on hand for training resist. That will cost me about 1800 gold per week which is nothing. Doubling that still isn’t even noticeable, so it’s quite cheap to hold a hundred slots. I could easily see an average tamer holding 100 slots, which basically means only 28 tamers are needed to take every slot out there.

Some would argue Taming is one of the most lucrative professions you can have. The only thing limiting the profitability honestly is the cap on total slots. So why wouldn’t a tamer pick up a few here and there as they open up? Most of the “slot poor” tamers would likely pay more for the slot than they would for the wyrm or dragon holding the slot. The scarcity of slots is the only limiting factor to your money making potential of the skill. Well that and PK’s running through taming hot spots because there is a fair amount of AFK money making going on. It can be a quick and lucrative score for them. Enticers can also cut into your profits by gating your dragons loaded with cash to a slaughter house, etc. So there are some counter balancing activities going on there, but it still isn’t enough to deter the average tamer. Not when you can replace a couple dragons in under 5 minutes and start the cycle over.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Mulahey

Post by Mulahey »

So is 2800 slots era accurate when nobody remembers them being a problem on OSI? Surely there have been many more tamers there than we have over here, right? Sorry if this has already been answered in the other thread about stable slots...

Werther: "Better die logged in than to never have logged in."

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

Mulahey wrote:So is 2800 slots era accurate when nobody remembers them being a problem on OSI? Surely there have been many more tamers there than we have over here, right? Sorry if this has already been answered in the other thread about stable slots...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=49884

Huge discussion on the subject.. Good luck lol.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

The thing you have to keep in mind is OSI didn't allow legal macroing. You also only had one account not 3. The combination of those two factors makes it much much easier to GM most skills. There weren't a whole lot of tamers who scoured the country side for months on end to get in all the tames necessary to GM. With a large quadrant of PK's around, you would spend ALOT of lost time running to the healer, as tamers aren't known for their pvp skills pre dragon. You simply didn't go to well known taming spots because you would spend way to much time running to the healer.

Now you just set a tamer in a good spot and run a macro, while using a second account to drag the desired mobs to him. If a PK gets you, you just hop on another character and gate them town, rez, heal and you are back at it. maybe 2 minutes tops.

You couple that with the popularity of the build due to its money making prowess, and you have a balance issue you likely wouldn't have on the original servers. I went to two accounts on live servers and I can't express how much easier it was to level after making the second purchase. When I illegally began using UOassist on OSI servers it was another huge leap forward in leveling speed. You can't underestimate the limitations that were lifted by allowing those two behaviors that really aren't era accurate on this server. It changes ALOT of things.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Camp stables for a while with a prompt open to buy 20~ pets, as soon as a tamer claims their pets, immediately stable yours.

When the tamer tries to gate pets to another location, follow them and steal/kill their pets.

If enough people grief tamers this problem will go away.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.