what are they doing?

Topics related to Second Age
Sultan of Swing

what are they doing?

Post by Sultan of Swing »

would it be possible to give a sort of overview of what people are upto on UOSA at any given time?,

at the time of writing this there are 80 clients online, what are those 80 clients doing? how many ip's is that and how many are idle or macroing?

a nerd

Re: what are they doing?

Post by a nerd »

Sultan of Swing wrote: what are those 80 clients doing? how many ip's is that and how many are idle or macroing?

5 people farming
2 people pk.ing those farmers
5 bots buying regs/comsumables
12 peeps macroing skillz,
5 bank sitter
1 nerd giving counts.
50 people idling off those counts.

My version anyway.

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

When I am on, it's to say hello to my guild. Lockpick a few chests. Check Brit Bank for people and then jump back off. I've got nothing else to do here anymore. :P
Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

The reason no one has anything to do and that they're looking for players is that the majority of this community, at least the established players, have a serious quitting attitude. Oh someone isn't at the graveyard the 30 seconds I sat there? I'm out. 25 players do that and voila, no one is willing to sit there anymore. The lack of community on this shard is disgusting.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Grass-roots revival is the answer.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Capitalist wrote: Oh someone isn't at the graveyard the 30 seconds I sat there? I'm out. 25 players do that and voila, no one is willing to sit there anymore.
I use to say this quite a bit as a player, and that's when we would have 500+ clients online too. The instant gratification concept is a problem. You don't launch UO, click join server, click start pvp, if it was that simple, people would still be playing UO in masses. When people log on and recall around for a minute or 2 and log off, all it does is waste a handful of recall reagents and that player's time. If you look through my old forum account at my posts, you'll see me reference "the Halo generation" but it's more of the "Halo mentality" than it is about age and generation. UO is not a first person shooter, the purpose is not to log on and kill as many people as you can, wrack up a good kill score, take a snapshot and call it a day. People who treat it like this are the first to be disappointed.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Sultan of Swing wrote:would it be possible to give a sort of overview of what people are upto on UOSA at any given time?,

at the time of writing this there are 80 clients online, what are those 80 clients doing? how many ip's is that and how many are idle or macroing?
AFK resource gathering.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I could actually go down MyUOSA and tell you what every player is doing, minus the new 5 players of that day. Resource gathering is only like 5 people. There are more people afk collecting rares than resource gathering.

UO r haz many facets dur der
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Advertising?

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Gork

Post by Gork »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Capitalist wrote: Oh someone isn't at the graveyard the 30 seconds I sat there? I'm out. 25 players do that and voila, no one is willing to sit there anymore.
I use to say this quite a bit as a player, and that's when we would have 500+ clients online too. The instant gratification concept is a problem. You don't launch UO, click join server, click start pvp, if it was that simple, people would still be playing UO in masses. When people log on and recall around for a minute or 2 and log off, all it does is waste a handful of recall reagents and that player's time. If you look through my old forum account at my posts, you'll see me reference "the Halo generation" but it's more of the "Halo mentality" than it is about age and generation. UO is not a first person shooter, the purpose is not to log on and kill as many people as you can, wrack up a good kill score, take a snapshot and call it a day. People who treat it like this are the first to be disappointed.
Nailed it.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

I log on most for SW most days and am at the GY from save to server drop (unless all my chars die hah). On top of that I go round to player vendors to buy cool stuff, have a go at PK'ing people when I find them out hunting or farming, help out newbies, chat to guildies, arrange sparring sessions on IRC and maybe skill up a char if I have a new one in mind or help people out with their training.

I think most people just need to use the forums and IRC more. Theres plenty of people and activity around, it just makes it 10 times easier to line up and find if you get involved on IRC and the forums.

I'm in Aus so its hard to be on during server peak, but even then theres still enough people around to have fun with. I'm also aiming at getting a red-pot, purple-pot, all-pot dueling thing up and running soon too, so it should be even easier to get involved with fights :).

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

I love Halo. Just saying...
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Not to reiterate boom's comment, since I don't particularly believe it's similar to halo antics, I would just say when I notice a player with an attitude of "everything is free or easy, so no big deal" I always know they won't last. Having an armada of pvp chars with an armada of perfect gear, nice properties, collections of rares, and millions of gold in the bank isn't an easy task to create. It takes patience.

When players "inherit" or buy uosa gold/property, they always smell.... Off.

They don't have the foundation to justify themselves and they are obvious even if they don't know it. This includes their demeanor.

Uosa is a game where a good ratio of cleverness and patience goes a long way.

DKS

Post by DKS »

Sultan of Swing wrote:would it be possible to give a sort of overview of what people are upto on UOSA at any given time?,

Want to know what everyone is doing huh?? You must also think that Snowden is a traitor...

Jay

Post by Jay »

Ill Gates wrote:Advertising?