Desync, is it better? (New server)

Topics related to Second Age
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Desync, is it better? (New server)

Post by Roser »

So Derrick moved the server this morning, from what I understand it was an upgrade to an SSD from and old HDD. In light of this I decided to test for server sync issues, so far in my minimal testing I have not been able to cause myself to desync. It seems to be better!

I have mainly been running while targeting and casting spells, causing myself to rubber band as much as possible as this usually causes me to desync. I have yet to do more extreme things like dueling on a tower roof with tons of objects in the house, or large group pvp.

Please post here if you notice a difference in server sync issues. Is it better? worse? same?

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: Desync, is it better? (New server)

Post by Anarcho »

Just a correction - the previous server was on a SSD as well, not that disk speed would even affect desync at all.

There was a handful of intermittent network issues with the previous server, we hope they are resolved now.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Well I'm clearly a noob lol.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Rose, thanks for the information.

I've experienced off-and-on server instability issues over the course of the last few months since I'd returned to UOSA: I'll be pleased if the new hardware offers improvements. Again, thanks Derrick!

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

Desynced once today within 5 minutes of logging in. This never bothered me much anyway so I don't care.
Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Haven't desynced killing Kyrie.

Edit: 2x desync during a 33 spot PK run
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Move server to the west coast plz

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

I have been away from home for work the past few days so my communication with others has been limited at best. The plan was to move it yesterday, but Derrick had run into issues, and upon seeing him requoted in IRC that he was moving it, and then this post, I had assumed that it had been done.

We are still on the old server, I would expect the move to be completed this week. Sorry for the confusion.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Rose wrote:So Derrick moved the server this morning, from what I understand it was an upgrade to an SSD from and old HDD. In light of this I decided to test for server sync issues, so far in my minimal testing I have not been able to cause myself to desync. It seems to be better!
And here we introduce the shard to the concept of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I was going off this.
<@Derrick[afk]> I'm going to move the shard over to the new server
<@Derrick[afk]> Going to take about an hour probably
<@Derrick[afk]> won't be any revert
Good it has not been moved yet because we had at least one server disconnect yesterday. Hopefully those get fixed when it is moved.

Gork

Post by Gork »

I see a lot of those ... " i need a fight watching." Ill be here the next hour ...

Gork

Post by Gork »

Cmon

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

Rose wrote:I was going off this.
<@Derrick[afk]> I'm going to move the shard over to the new server
<@Derrick[afk]> Going to take about an hour probably
<@Derrick[afk]> won't be any revert
Good it has not been moved yet because we had at least one server disconnect yesterday. Hopefully those get fixed when it is moved.

Ha, right, and when I saw you repaste it in IRC I assumed it had gone through as well.

We'll make an official post when it's official :)

Gork

Post by Gork »

Love you hemp, but im trying to call out the haters who cant find a fight,.. im waiting tonight. * hands up*

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Gork wrote:Love you hemp, but im trying to call out the haters who cant find a fight,.. im waiting tonight. * hands up*

That's not what people are looking for... If you really want to make those people happy you'll have to jump on your 50 mining / 50 smith / 40 str newbie char and start mining near minoc. Those are the "fights" they want.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey