Pack of weapons, armour, jewellery, and clothing (21 items)

Buying/Selling Magic Armor/Weapons/Items

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Thead

Pack of weapons, armour, jewellery, and clothing (21 items)

Post by Thead »

The pack contains the follow items.

Armour
- Buckler of Fortification
- Platemail gorget of Fortification
- Studded armor of Fortification (Female)
- Studded bustier of Fortification
- Fortified studded gloves
- Substantial Female leather armor of Fortification
- Chainmail coif of Fortification

Weapons
- Accurate pitchfork of Evil (39 charges)
- Silver massive exceedingly accurate katana of Force
- Gnarled staff of Identification (103 charges)
- Gnarled staff of Identification (90 charges)
- Gnarled staff of Mana Draining (30 charges)
- Durable accurate war hammer of Evil and Might (44 charges)

Clothing
- Doublet of Protection (16 charges)
- Thigh boots of Protection (20 charges)

Jewellery
- Necklace of Protection (29 charges)
- Bracelet of Spell Reflection (37 charges)
- Ring of Teleporting (27 charges)
- Earring of Protection (17 charges)
- Earring of Invisibility (20 charges)
- Earring of Spell Reflection (50 charges)

The vendors will pay me about 3100 gp for all this.

Starting Bid is vendor payment plus 10%, which is 3410 gp
Bidding ends at 9 pm forum time tonight.
Last edited by Thead on Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Pack of weapons, armour, jewellery, and clothing (21 ite

Post by Patek »

SB

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

Thead

Post by Thead »

Sold to Narcissic...

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

I'm Kyrie on IRC if you want to message me there

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

Thead man you gotta change the format of your auctions. eBay style encourages sniping etc and you wont get best price, that and you should do them for more than 24 hours to get you the best result. I would have gone to 50k+ on this lot but I'm in and out of work so didn't get the chance to bid.

I'd recommend using vendors in game too when you win lots so you don't have to meet in person.

Just my 0.02c

Cheers

- Patek

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

Patek wrote:Thead man you gotta change the format of your auctions. eBay style encourages sniping etc and you wont get best price, that and you should do them for more than 24 hours to get you the best result. I would have gone to 50k+ on this lot but I'm in and out of work so didn't get the chance to bid.

I'd recommend using vendors in game too when you win lots so you don't have to meet in person.

Just my 0.02c

Cheers

- Patek
I actually encouraged him to do this. Told him that it increases his own profit. It also gives every one a fair chance at bidding and prevents bid sniping (which I did not intentionally do. I posted during one of my classes and was actually waiting here wondering if you would bid snipe.)

Thead

Post by Thead »

Yeah I am going to be changing it up on the next items I put up, Narcissic pmed me after starting this one. I am trying one other format with the other I items I put up after this one, but I am going to be start extending them to 48 hours after the last bid was made as being the closing time. I one I put up I did as an hour past last bid for a test run, but will be extending it to 48 for items I put up afterwards. I will be opening a vendor shop shortly, already placed the house for it at the Yew/Brit/Minoc intersection.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

All good Narcissic, I know you were playing it straight dude so no worries there.

As for the vendor shop, you get some good stuff Thead so i'll be there the day it opens. If you need any help with pricing info etc PM me and i'll send you through what the going rates of stuff lately (magic items/weapons) has been lately.

Cheers all

- Patek

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Patek, I beg your pardon,

Your complaint possesses no substance: you are insisting that you missed the opportunity to continue to underbid in the auction; at the very same time, you attempt to misrepresent that desire as a desire that the auction achieves the best price for the seller (wut?) ...
Patek wrote: I would have gone to 50k+ on this lot but I'm in and out of work so didn't get the chance to bid.
You have, in point of fact, offered three bids in this auction: the first for 7% of 50K, the second for 30%, and the third for 50%. If you had truly wanted "the chance to bid", and for Thead to enjoy "the best price", your third bid should have been a lot higher: say, substantially greater than 50% of "the best price" that you now claim that you would have offered.

The only reason why Thead didn't achieve "50K" on this lot is NOT "Patek had no chance to bid 50K": the only thing that can be claimed is, "Thead didn't receive Patek's 50K because Patek -- in three bids-- never chose to offer it".

If you truly do want the seller to "get the best price", I would suggest you offer it: the probability that the auction will be "sniped" will be greatly reduced.

Patek, I think you are a good guy, but I think your reasoning on this matter displays a distinctive bias, and is flawed by it. I'm not happy to dispute you, but I feel compelled to call the matter as I see it.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:Patek, I think you are a good guy, but I think your reasoning on this matter displays a distinctive bias, and is flawed by it. I'm not happy to dispute you, but I feel compelled to call the matter as I see it.

SS
You call me out, have a go at me then say you're not happy to dispute me? Grow a backbone dude.

It was an auction, not a set price sale. You don't go to an auction and bid your max on the first bid. The whole point of an auction is to get everyone to bid the price up and then it finishes at where the market is willing to pay. By limiting the time-frame of the auction it technically counter-acted the primary purpose of an auction - to get the fairest price for the goods for both buyer AND seller.

Yes I was bidding under my max, but that's the point. I, as a buyer, was testing the market to see what the current prices were set at. Just because something is of a particular value to me doesn't mean the market perceives it the same way. My goal as the buyer is the get the lowest price possible while the buyer's goal is to get the highest price possible and an auction allows the market to dictate this equilibrium.

Next time you start talking trash know what you're talking about before you post.

- Patek