No need to see-saw stats?

Topics related to Second Age
randale

No need to see-saw stats?

Post by randale »

according to this, you don't need to see-saw, you can keep using a skill and you will gain in a stat even if there are no points it can use

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Category:Stats

So, once all my skills are maxed say I want to gain int and it's at 10 and my skill cap is 700, I can just keep using it and I will get gains?

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: No need to see-saw stats?

Post by Patek »

Hmm... that's actually incorrect so might have to update it. You have to gain skill for the stat check to take place, hence the see-saw being used so much. Pretty much just follow the guides out there and keep camping/snooping/herding at 0 when getting to 700.0 etc etc.

Changing stats on a 7xGM char can be fiddly, but usually i just drop the easiest to gain skill by 1.0 or so and do a mini see-saw until it gets the right amounts and then gain the easy skill back to GM.

ReptilianLover

Post by ReptilianLover »

Just to add, the seesaw deal is also to keep the skill level low enough to gain skill points quickly so the stat check happens more often. That is why you "seesaw" raise the skill level a few points then point it downward while you practice a different one so you keep the overall skill level low where the skill gains are a billion times quicker to come by...

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Here's the official answer:

You do not need to pingpong here if you're at 700.0 skills. Keep camping skill at 0 (real) skill. Lock all skills, point camping up, begin using kindling. You will gain stats.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Here's the official answer:

You do not need to ping-pong skills here for stat gains if you're at 700.0 skills. Keep camping skill at 0 (real) skill. Lock all skills, point camping up, begin using kindling. You will gain stats.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:Here's the official answer:

You do not need to ping-pong skills here for stat gains if you're at 700.0 skills. Keep camping skill at 0 (real) skill. Lock all skills, point camping up, begin using kindling. You will gain stats.
Boomland Jenkins (always) speaks the truth: he's like an oracle that way ...

If you want to raise stats (semi-) afk, use Herding: find a 'safe' spot, Hide, and then "Herd away".

BTW, as long as you are already at the 700.0 point skillcap, any skill pointed-up will raise its associated stats, even GM skills, but the rate of stat-gain is severely reduced at high skill levels, while it is accelerated at skill <10: so, for best gains, use 0-skill Camping/Herding.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

randale

Post by randale »

Does this apply to any other still when you're at 700, not just camping?

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

randale wrote:

Camping was just an example. Any skill would be fine as long as it's at 0.0 (for maximum results)
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

randale

Post by randale »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
randale wrote:

Camping was just an example. Any skill would be fine as long as it's at 0.0 (for maximum results)
Why do you need to lock all skills, as long as you're doing one skill and not decaying another, none of the other ones will go up (or down)