Mining only iron strategies

Topics related to Second Age
randale

Mining only iron strategies

Post by randale »

I'm wondering if there's a way to do this. I know that some rock tiles only contain Iron, but is there any record/listing of which ones do? I suppose I could take a screenshot and mark on the map which tiles do with X's or circles if that's the only way.

I recall something about being able to see certain coordinates with your cursor. I know a sextant can tell you your current coords where you're standing, but I think I remember something about being to hover your cursor over certain tile and it telling you the coords of your cursor in the world.

Orion GM B^D

Re: Mining only iron strategies

Post by Orion GM B^D »

randale wrote:I'm wondering if there's a way to do this. I know that some rock tiles only contain Iron, but is there any record/listing of which ones do? I suppose I could take a screenshot and mark on the map which tiles do with X's or circles if that's the only way.

I recall something about being able to see certain coordinates with your cursor. I know a sextant can tell you your current coords where you're standing, but I think I remember something about being to hover your cursor over certain tile and it telling you the coords of your cursor in the world.
You'll have to make your own data base of spots, though threw UOAM you can mark locations like MiBs and it will save.

Then mark runebooks with those certain spots. If you check the book in the back room of Trinny Stone Vendors, there
may be spots already marked. Those books were donated, so no idea.

Good luck
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

randale

Post by randale »

You'll have to make your own data base of spots, though threw UOAM you can mark locations like MiBs and it will save.
That's almost ok with UOAM, but I can't zoom in close enough, it seems- it will get pixelated. Unless.....I can mark an exact set off coords with UOAM. Then make a list of them.
Then mark runebooks with those certain spots. If you check the book in the back room of Trinny Stone Vendors, there
may be spots already marked. Those books were donated, so no idea.
Yes, but forgive me for being stingy but it will teleport me to the spot, but won't tell me what tiles to mine, is it the rocks directly in front of me? Or just that there are iron deposits in general in the general area?

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

I recently did this as part of an attended iron recall-mining macro I made then promptly never used cause I had too many ingots as it was.

I took a runebook with a bunch of blank runes and a whole lot of shovels and went diggin around the mountains in Britannia looking for two iron ore veins next to each other. They're rare, but they are out there. I basically mined each vein (usually a vein is about 6 - 8 tiles of mountain face or 9 - 16 tiles of cave floor) and if i saw colored ore i'd go to the next one.

If i drained two veins in a row and only got iron (and a decent amount, at least 9-10 per vein) then id get the funky started:

1. Mark a rune in between the two veins (so you can target both from the same tile)
2. Record a razor macro of me targeting one vein and then the second.
3. Chuck rune in runebook and then when full runebook in bank.
4. Recall there in future and know to i'm in between two veins, so can mine both fully and then recall out. It only costs 20gp in recall regs and some shovel durability each recall, so its easy worth it.

Side tip: If you have hiding on your miner and you hold down a hotkey for hiding after you click recall, you'll recall invis and you can mine invis without reappearing. You'll only appear for about 2 seconds when recalling out :)

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Alternatively lock your mining around 60ish and you'll only pull up iron.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

pm Hydroxide, he has a fantastic afk mining macro that even tricks GMs! :o
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg