Collecting your own bounty with your blue toon

Topics related to Second Age
randale

Collecting your own bounty with your blue toon

Post by randale »

I just recently thought of this a couple weeks ago. You really shouldn't put bounties on murderers who kill you. You could be giving them a reward for doing so. They could just kill their own red toon with one of their blue toons and get the money themselves!

I suppose this would have worked back in the T2A days as well, if you had more than one UO account.

Orion GM B^D

Re: Collecting your own bounty with your blue toon

Post by Orion GM B^D »

randale wrote:I just recently thought of this a couple weeks ago. You really shouldn't put bounties on murderers who kill you. You could be giving them a reward for doing so. They could just kill their own red toon with one of their blue toons and get the money themselves!

I suppose this would have worked back in the T2A days as well, if you had more than one UO account.
Yeah that's true, except the amount of time/resourses to rebuild after statloss prolly isn't worth it.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

You can fully collect a bounty on a non stat loss murderer.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

With all due respect, most players learn how to at least consistently two screen accounts. :D

It's not illegal here. So, you can, and probably should, shift to using more than one account.

cheers,

randale

Post by randale »

Orion GM B^D wrote:
randale wrote:I just recently thought of this a couple weeks ago. You really shouldn't put bounties on murderers who kill you. You could be giving them a reward for doing so. They could just kill their own red toon with one of their blue toons and get the money themselves!

Yeah that's true, except the amount of time/resourses to rebuild after statloss prolly isn't worth it.
How bad is the statloss? I was thinking of holding off on having red characters until after I/they are well established, with the skills, stats and resources they need. But, I'm wondering if I really need to do this? Is there any conflict/problem in having red and blue characters living in the same house (provided they are all your toons, of course)

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

randale wrote:How bad is the statloss? I was thinking of holding off on having red characters until after I/they are well established, with the skills, stats and resources they need. But, I'm wondering if I really need to do this? Is there any conflict/problem in having red and blue characters living in the same house (provided they are all your toons, of course)

Statloss only occurs if you have more than 5 short term murder counts and only on resurrection. So if you die, don't res until you are out of statloss. Short term counts are 8 hours to tick off. If you are a murderer you should macro these counts off while you're not playing even if you are not dead. Do it in a safe house so people can't kill you.

Most of the PVP'ers here are fairly well equipped and maxed out in skill. You are free to give it a go at whatever level you are, but it will be difficult. Even just stopping a recall is hard. So unless you are fighting players that can't recall (newbs) you might have a hard time going red to begin with.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Murder_count
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

randale wrote:this would have worked back in the T2A days as well, if you had more than one UO account.

Only had one account and collected my own bounty numerous times...

randale

Post by randale »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:
randale wrote:this would have worked back in the T2A days as well, if you had more than one UO account.

How? Only one toons on the same account can be one at the same time, correct? So, I thought you'd need 2 toons on, on two separate accounts, one kills the other. Maybe unless a friend let you use his/her account.

And, as I was asking, there's no penalty for reds being co-owners friends of a house that a blue owns, right?

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

randale wrote:
Drunk'n Disorder wrote:

How? Only one toons on the same account can be one at the same time, correct? So, I thought you'd need 2 toons on, on two separate accounts, one kills the other. Maybe unless a friend let you use his/her account.

And, as I was asking, there's no penalty for reds being co-owners friends of a house that a blue owns, right?

Easy, make sure your not flagged criminal and kill yourself in your house. Then instantly log out and log in on your alt. Cut the head off. Easy day. And you're right, no penalty for having reds as owners, co-owners, or friends.