Patch 99 - April 23, 2009 - Last double digit patch.

Information on the latest Server Patches
Redbeard72

Re: Patch 99 - April 23, 2009 - Last double digit patch.

Post by Redbeard72 »

I Dream of a day with no more game changing patches,when will it stop ?
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

Redbeard72 wrote:I Dream of a day with no more game changing patches,when will it stop ?
The day that stops is the day this server becomes stale and everyone leaves.

Faust

Post by Faust »

You will realize in due time that reverse engineering a game well beyond a decade is an endless job for one or two people doing the work.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

great changes on test atm but still needs work doing

disturb timer = perfect
recast = perfect

debuffs should disturb after first debuff
and the main problem i have is the auto deffend it spoils the whole system i propose its removed completely or tested at a rate of auto deffending every 10 seconds if attacked obviously. i say we test it if it works well then gg

Faust

Post by Faust »

You can't remove it completely or it would ruin pvp badly.

Auto defend just needs a throttle.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

then a ten second trottle would be perfect.

i dont see how it would ruin pvp....... you mean people wouldent be able to NOT ever die one v one if they just hold down g heal and attack last at the same time

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

if there was no auto attack, you'd be guaranteed a hally hit every 2 seconds right now ... no questions asked on that one ... even a 10 second throttle is ridiculous.

A throttle that is similar to the tab throttle would be fine. Those that decide to hold the button down for attack last will be easily countered by a precise tab out since there would be a 1 second delay between each ... the ones that would do well with the attack last throttle would be those that are good at timing theirs at the right time.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Jaster wrote:if there was no auto attack, you'd be guaranteed a hally hit every 2 seconds right now ... no questions asked on that one ... even a 10 second throttle is ridiculous.

A throttle that is similar to the tab throttle would be fine. Those that decide to hold the button down for attack last will be easily countered by a precise tab out since there would be a 1 second delay between each ... the ones that would do well with the attack last throttle would be those that are good at timing theirs at the right time.
Great suggestion.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Fruit Loops couldn't have said it any better about the auto defend...

I suggested that auto defend used a throttle quite similar to the same one tabbing uses a long time ago. This would help with attack last spams for auto defend temendously as Fruit Loops clearly pointed out.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I am really anxious to get to a point where we've got a high degree of confidence that what we have is correct as well. I've many times felt (and said) this is the last big one, only to be proven wrong. I know what Scythe means about it becoming stale, but once it's right we should find a lot more time to focus on content.

I think the first attempt at throttling attack would be to replicate the tab throttle to that packet. It's a core change so it'll probably be a few days before I can get it in, but I'll see if I can get it up on test soon.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

i dont see it solveing a problem unless the swing timer goes back to 2 seconds with auto deffend and the 4.5 second hally hits now on test its pretty much impossible to die.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Re-Debuff disrupts were just added to test center.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Finesse wrote:i dont see it solveing a problem unless the swing timer goes back to 2 seconds with auto deffend and the 4.5 second hally hits now on test its pretty much impossible to die.
You can not be serious.

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

I'm pretty confused.

Putting a throttle on auto defend is a great idea, but IMO it won't help anything as long as your opponent can still push attack last every 2 seconds and ruin your fast hally swing.

Let alone the fact that there are people out there that don't know how to make the hally swing that fast. What's the normal swing time on a hally with 25 dex, like 6-7 seconds?

IMO the throttle on auto defend should be the normal swing timer for a hally at 25 dex, +1 second.

Jiggo

Post by Jiggo »

It seems that on the current TC, hallies no longer have their 2 second refresh. Seems very long, like 4+ seconds. Has the disarm refresh been removed?

Return to “Patch Notes”