Quinn's Arrival to Britannia (RP resuscitation possible?)

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
QuinnSpade

Quinn's Arrival to Britannia (RP resuscitation possible?)

Post by QuinnSpade »

They discovered Quinn's presence on the ship only minutes from docking in the city called Britain and to say the least: They were unhappy about discovering a stowaway so late in their voyage.

"Can't we talk about this?" Quinn shouted, attempting a bit of diplomacy. She reached to her belt and yanked a leather pouch that jingled musically with the sound of coins. "I can pay!"

"Damn right, you'll pay!" Someone shouted... Probably the captain.

The next thing Quinn knew, she was being backed to the edge of the deck, swords and spears leveled at her person. She tried steadying her heart-beat as adrenaline began to surge through her body. Calming herself meant she could think clearly and rationally, but at this point, there was very limited time to think.

"Fine, damn you!" Quinn shouted. Quickly, she pivoted on her heel, spun and dove straight into the water in one fluid, graceful motion. The last thing she heard before the heavy silence of the ocean was the shouting and cursing of the sailors.

Without regard to her burning muscles, Quinn swam and swam, abandoning the small leather pouch of gold--which, she knew, she would later regret in this new, strange land.

As luck would have it, Quinn eventually made it to shore. Of course, she had to climb up a shallow precipice to reach the grassy knoll above the beach. Afterward, she lay there, catching her breath and cursing her luck.

Clothes tattered, and without any sort of weapon or protection, Quinn felt vulnerable and even somewhat lost. But past experiences had hardened her senses and diligence, and so she quelled all the doubts and anxieties and resolved to make her escape into the realm of Britannia complete.

Now what?

Food and shelter was a top priority, but without any tools, it would be hard to procure such commodities. Britain couldn't be far, but she feared news of her fugitive status had reached this far and she didn't dare risk her freedom yet. Not until she was sure the winds had died down.

Well, no use in staying out in the open, Quinn thought to herself. Weighed down by sopping wet clothes, Quinn trudged towards the treeline of the forest, hoping to find sanctuary beneath the leaf and pine-needle canopy.

Only, she didn't find sanctuary. Instead, a large black wolf with gleaming red eyes and razor-sharp fangs met her with a hungry glare.

"You must be joking me," Quinn said aloud, referring to invisible entities. The wolf edged closer, a low rumble issuing from the depths of its throat.

"Nice puppy," Quinn said, taking small, slow steps backwards, keeping her breathing steady and trying not to stink of fear. THAT was a major task.

As it came within a couple of meters, Quinn felt as if time began to slow itself. Panic was bubbling to the surface, but first her comprehension would give her a chance to try and fight or fly. She could practically see the muscles rippling in the wolf's haunches as it prepared to launch itself at her.

It sprung. Time returned to normal.

Just as it's forepaws were about to strike her chest, a blast of heat and light came from Quinn's right, tearing straight through the wolf's body, dividing it in half through the center. The carcass flew several meters and disappeared into some brush and greenery.

Awestruck and relieved at the same time, Quinn merely sank to the ground, breathing a huge sigh. Immediately, she glanced to the source of the attack.

What she saw was both befuddling and strangely comforting at the same time.

A short, young girl---younger than Quinn's twenty-three Summers, she was sure--stood between two oak trees, draped in silky red cloth. Though youthful and pleasant to look at, the girl had hair as white as a 90-year old woman's, but straight and shimmering with youth. A strange sight, but the girl had saved Quinn's life.

"Who are you and what just happened?" Quinn demanded, standing up as she spoke.

"I could ask you the same," the white-haired young girl said. "You're not from around here."

Quinn was taken slightly aback. "How do you know this?"

The girl shrugged. "I know many things, but how, I cannot explain sometimes. I just know that you're not from around here. You don't....feel....native." She took several steps towards Quinn, holding her hands in plain sight--though in one hand was a thick, leathery book that seemed to have seen years way beyond that of the white-haired girl's experience. She appeared harmless, but seeing her blast that wolf with nothing but her bare hands was something to consider.

"How did you--?" Quinn began to ask.

"Magic," she replied simply and curtly. To Quinn's confused look, she smiled and said, "Come, I'll explain everything to you. I've been waiting for you. My name is Moriana of the Firesong family..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Writer's Note:
I've always been an avid roleplayer in any of the MMORPGs I play...especially UO and WoW... Although I don't really play WoW anymore.

Even back in the T2A era, I would CONSTANTLY be "in-character", no matter what sort of response I got from other people.

If anyone's interested in some good, old-fashioned role-playing then don't be afraid to get a hold of me or Moriana. Maybe we could even resurrect some storylines and character bios in these forums... If this is the right place to post them, anyhow.

Feedback is appreciated as well.

Remember--This is all just for fun!

-Quinn-

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Quinn's Arrival to Britannia (RP resuscitation possible?)

Post by Clark_Kent »

Well written and interesting! Keep up the good work.

I look forward to our future meetings in game, Citizen! I wish you good luck and grand adventures to you on behalf of the Daily Planet!
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Ireland

Post by Ireland »

I'll have to give this two thumbs up, well written!
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Everyone should have an Ireland's Finest action toon...

QuinnSpade

Post by QuinnSpade »

Thanks a lot... your feedback means a lot to me. I'll be posting more short-short-stories in the future. :)

Any if anyone else wants to start posting their OWN character bios, let me know and we can start a thread for character short-stories or bios or what-not.

I'd love to be apart of a thriving roleplaying community.

I know Derrick would love it!

Unlimited Bladeworks

Post by Unlimited Bladeworks »

Welcome, good story and well written! The RP community is growing slowly but surely. The Keepers of the Light are always looking for roleplayers.

Here is our forum if you're interested: http://www.thektl.com/forums/

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

I enjoyed the story and I'm looking forward to more chapters of this tale!

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Your IRC rage is more entertaining than your RP.

Charles Darwin

Post by Charles Darwin »

Ahh you suck! Totally left me hanging. 'Tis true then, you are a good writer my friend :)

I've been looking for a good guild to RP with. If you want to start a guild let me know. I have a fledging tamer that soon will be very powerful :D

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Charles Darwin wrote:Ahh you suck! Totally left me hanging. 'Tis true then, you are a good writer my friend :)

I've been looking for a good guild to RP with. If you want to start a guild let me know. I have a fledging tamer that soon will be very powerful :D
Quinn apparently rage quit the game.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Clark_Kent wrote:
Charles Darwin wrote:Ahh you suck! Totally left me hanging. 'Tis true then, you are a good writer my friend :)

Quinn apparently rage quit the game.
already? I though this person just joined? lol
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Clark_Kent wrote:Quinn apparently rage quit the game.
Aww, that sucks!

There are so many ppl just flamin' in IRC and on the forums and just ignoring the new players reach for help and advice. I think we should all learn from this and try to better ourselves to make the server more welcoming and friendly to the new players, that will better the server in the long run.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

Safir wrote:
Clark_Kent wrote:Quinn apparently rage quit the game.
Aww, that sucks!

There are so many ppl just flamin' in IRC and on the forums and just ignoring the new players reach for help and advice. I think we should all learn from this and try to better ourselves to make the server more welcoming and friendly to the new players, that will better the server in the long run.

safir took the words right outta my mouth
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

QuinnSpade

Post by QuinnSpade »

I didn't quit.

PS: Can anyone even stand NOX? Everything they say is an insult. They must have been verbally abused growing up...

Altay

Post by Altay »

This story gave me a hard on. I particularly liked the part where Quinn shouted at the sailors that threatened her.
Shameless self promotion below:
MMOHut - Free MMORPG / MMO Game Reviews!

Avo

Post by Avo »

Hey guys, im planning on starting an RP allience with the tags RP so people know that you roleplay and can rolepaly with you if they run across you. I'm doing this in hopes to attract people of different rp backgrounds, i myself will be rping an ancient greek warrior. Besides the orcs and ktl there isnt much diversity in the rp community. Lemme know if you would be interested in such an idea.