Event ideas?

Moderators: Downs, chumbucket, Millerisfuntoplay

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Event ideas?

Post by Daolin »

Well, since all the guild forums continue to be public and i have to look at every topic when i hit "active topics", I might as well reply. The biggest challenge in running these events is that you are welcoming the type of people who will try to find every loophole possible. The events will have to be flawless.

Weekly "Steal of the Week"

*Players post a screenshot of their best steal from the week. Winner is voted upon by cA members. Weekly winners are recorded.

Steal the bacon

Materials: Unique items to be stolen (Best bet: GM marked item that nobody should have. That way there is no replication of the item possible); timer

Preparation: A designated area chosen for contest, items chosen for each contest, designated time period for theft.

Procedure: Players may bring any materials they need. There is to be no pking. Players will enter a designated area. An item will be placed in the middle of the area and a timer will be set (say, 5 minutes). At the end of the timer, the player that still has the item ("Bacon"), will win a prize. This can be repeated many times for an event. (** Players may not have any items in their pack that can not individually be stolen ** )
Last edited by Daolin on Sat May 23, 2009 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

I think you guys mentioned being "bards" as well. Perhaps this:

Hot Potato

Materials: An animal of choice (preferably a dangerous one; but perhaps not a caster of sorts); Arena

Preparation: Tame your animal or beast of choice to be used. Put together an Arena where people have plenty of room to move around. One person to judge and flag on outside the arena.

Procedure: Players will enter and be locked into an arena with the tamed animal. All players will flag grey to the judge outside the ring. The tamed animal will be released. Players must use their provocation skill to eliminate other players from the fight. There is NO healing of any kind allowed, nor defensive spells to absorb damage, nor hiding skills. There is no attacking other players in any way except through provocation of the beast. Last man standing is the winner (or perhaps last 3 if you want; % hps decide 1st, 2nd, 3rd place).

Downs

Post by Downs »

I'm going to do this on my own regardless once I find freakin wood to make more boxes. I have it all set up.

In my mix of trapped boxes i distribute, theres gonna be one non trapped box with a rune, house key and congratulations note. the receiver of it daring enough to open it or smart enough to disarm it will win the contents of the house. at the moment it consists of a buncha stuff from the less fortunate ranging from junk magic to some nice power/silver weaps.

once they get the chest, the rest is legit. no hidden traps or explosions. they get it all free and clear. if we did this semi regular, announced or not, i think it'd be cool. give ppl a reason to keep checkin them boxes
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

We would have to start putting an additional item in the traps we make. So that the hidden ones with runes/key are the same weight.

Downs

Post by Downs »

i already put all sorts of crap in my boxes. I'll put other junk in it too. still lookin for wood tho.....
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Santiago

Post by Santiago »

See now this seems like a shard friendly post. Good Job cA :o