Sewing the seeds of adventure

Moderator: Support Moderators

ArchaicSubrosa

Sewing the seeds of adventure

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

Okay , I have been playing UO for about two months now and hadn't before previously. I have mostly stuck with fighting type characters that dabbled with magic but had never really put wrestling in my template.

My new template I am working with is going to be a GM tailor, but I don't want her to be the stay at home and sew the uniforms for the soldiers type. I want her to also be adventure class of course. So I also want her to be a GM mage.

My question (because I haven't much experience with UO wrestling) is if it also is defensive to resist spell failure due to interruption or is tactics a better bet to develop for this reason?

My template involves these skills.
Tailoring
Magery
Resist
Eval Intel
Hiding
Meditation
Wrestling

I would like to have thrown in mace fighting, tactics, or anatomy but I am afraid spreading the points out for combat skills may have dire consequences compared to GMing just one style. Mace fighting is breaking my heart completely though as a good magic staff or wand would come in handy in the scenerio I am forced into melee and cannot cast. Plus stamina damage would also be a blessing in the event of being overly beaten to the point where I cannot cast.

I also know that hiding is a good bet for a character such as this as I am playing her as a skittish opurtunist being her combat skills are not quite as developed as most characters tend to be on this shard.

If you could read over this completely and would be so good as to give me a little input I would really appreciate it.

Sakred

Re: Sewing the seeds of adventure

Post by Sakred »

Goodness... Where to start.

In regards to spell disruption you want to level wrestling. Tactics determines damage where your weapon or wrestling skill is matched against the opponents weapon skill to determine a successful hit [which is what causes disruption].

More over, you will find that your build is going to be a pretty big waste of time. By all means, if you want to build this character go for it, but I urge you strongly not to. Hiding when you have magery is a waste (you can cast invis). Tailoring or any crafting skill on an adventurer character is a waste also. What you'll end up with here is either a crippled adventurer or an overly/improperly developed crafter.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I'd shoot for something like this:

Music
Provoke
Tailoring
Magery
Meditation
Eval Int
Wrestling/Resist

Provoke is a great way to control spawns, you can explore the most dangerous places and keep the crowd controlled. Magery to get around and finish off dying mobs. However u go with resist/wrestling is up to you. I had gm resist and 0 wrestling, found it hard to get away from a decent pk who is great at interrupting. Maybe go 50/50? Or don't go either and pick something else that you want. Either way you can get by without either for PvM.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

hiicha wrote:I'd shoot for something like this:

Music
Provoke
Tailoring
Magery
Meditation
Eval Int
Wrestling/Resist

Provoke is a great way to control spawns, you can explore the most dangerous places and keep the crowd controlled. Magery to get around and finish off dying mobs. However u go with resist/wrestling is up to you. I had gm resist and 0 wrestling, found it hard to get away from a decent pk who is great at interrupting. Maybe go 50/50? Or don't go either and pick something else that you want. Either way you can get by without either for PvM.
Actually this template seems more fun to play. More beneficial to a group and still would be able to go out on her own if need be while also allowing her to continue crafting. Casting invisible may have a limited less opurtunistic playstyle but provocation would make up for that. Thanks for the input.

Return to “New Player Help”