Proposed mechanics changes for era consistency.

News and Announcements
Daltrey

Re: Proposed mechanics changes for era consistency.

Post by Daltrey »

Caught AFK during event (first time): account banned from events for 30 days
Caught AFK during event (second time): account permanently banned from events

Wouldn't that solve the problem? No, you couldn't catch then every time, but just like criminals aren't caught every time, the threat of jail time is enough to deter most people from robbing a bank.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Say a 1v1 event was held. Does the loser still receive a trophy (albeit at a smaller amount)?

I'm not saying that Trophies are too difficult to come by but the above mentioned might be something for consideration if it isn't already being implemented.

As well, I believe the above formula for curing poison has the Poison Minus Magery thing backwards as stated in the linked quote...Even then, however, the formula is, blatantly and abhorrently, stupid.

* %Chance=(10000 + ((PoisonStrength * 1750) - (Magery * 75))) / 100

IS JUST PLAIN WRONG

Now when we switch the PS - Mag thing around.

10,000 + (7,500 - 8,750) = 8,750/100 = 87.5% Chance of Curing Lethal at GM Magery.

10,000 + (7,500 - 7,000) = 10,500/100 = 105% Chance of Curing Deadly at GM Magery.

IT IS STILL JUST PLAIN WRONG

I don't know what to suggest for a Poison/Cure formula but I can assure any Staff that this one is inherently flawed.

Yes, I know that this shard isn't a Democracy but I honestly think that the implementation of a newbified house deed goes against the spirit/zeitgeist of the entirety of the T2A era.

If the Trammel/Fellucia system was implemented during T2A in 99, it would still be considered "accurate" to implement that here, yes but it takes from the overall atmosphere of the T2A environment that many, many players have come to enjoy.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Yes, I know that this shard isn't a Democracy but I honestly think that the implementation of a newbified house deed goes against the spirit/zeitgeist of the entirety of the T2A era.
agreed...

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Batlin wrote:
agreed...
But a newbied house deed as in T2A for most of 1999. In fact, they were used to help in trades.

Before checks, you would trade house deeds. Selling something for 86k and don't want Matron to get her hands on it? Pay in small house deeds.

I'm sure those of us who played in this era remember this practice.

Chad-

Post by Chad- »

Than gms need to be more actively enforcing this rule, taking trophys away from events everyone can win in wont be a good idea.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Kraarug wrote:Selling something for 86k and don't want Matron to get her hands on it? Pay in small house deeds.
If a player's unwilling to accept the risks involved in playing UO, then they shouldn't play the game or at least refrain from doing the thing that might result in what they fear.

Being able to lose important, expensive things is what made UO the, IMHO, best MMO out there.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

A few things that should be removed as well, for accuracy sake. They are found within the same time frame as pet/houes trade windows and bank checks.
Saying “stop” to your pet will clear any previous commands
Monster and Animal Spawn
Untamed monsters and animals in invalid or unreachable locations will “die” after a certain amount of time. These monsters and animals will be eligible for “death”, within a given amount of time, under the following circumstances:
If the monster/animal is not targeted.
If the monster/animal does not receive or deliver damage.
Trade Window Changes
Trade windows will become more secure.
You will not be able to trade a trapped item.
You will not be able to trade an item that was recently stolen.
You will not be able to trade items to a player if that player cannot hold the items.
If the items are too heavy for the player or if the items would exceed the number of items the player can carry, the trade will fail. All items in the trade window will go back into each character’s pack.
You will not be able to pick items up while the trade window is open. However, you will still be able to rearrange items in your own pack during the trade.
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... atch_Notes

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Also, newbied house deeds, although within the time frame, did come with into play with the introduction of a different housing system than we use here. If that's the case, that is really picking and choosing what elements we have of systems, kind of like the taming used to be here. Go one way or the other. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, if so sorry :P

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Hemperor wrote:Also, newbied house deeds, although within the time frame, did come with into play with the introduction of a different housing system than we use here. If that's the case, that is really picking and choosing what elements we have of systems, kind of like the taming used to be here. Go one way or the other. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, if so sorry :P
are you referring to the strongboxes etc?

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

Since newbied deeds are from mid-era, it should be debatable whether to add them or not. As Hemperor said, our housing system is primarily from before newbied deeds were added anyway.

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Newbied deeds do not bother/affect me(yet..).

Cure changes are era accurate. If the system was flawed in T2A, and this shard is replicating T2A, then we should have a flawed curing system.

The only thing that bothers me about this patch is taking away guild team sort and trophies from CTF. If this is implemented, it won't even be worth it to play CTF. Your opposing team has an early lead, and it seems like they are doing better? Might as well go afk til the game is over. If team sort and trophies are removed, then the only reason to play CTF is to have fun. Not having fun? AFK. You think thats going to help CTF?

If guild team sort and trophies are taken away from CTF, there will be a LOT more AFK people in these events, for the reasons stated above.

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Eulogy wrote:Newbied deeds do not bother/affect me(yet..).

Cure changes are era accurate. If the system was flawed in T2A, and this shard is replicating T2A, then we should have a flawed curing system.

The only thing that bothers me about this patch is taking away guild team sort and trophies from CTF. If this is implemented, it won't even be worth it to play CTF. Your opposing team has an early lead, and it seems like they are doing better? Might as well go afk til the game is over. If team sort and trophies are removed, then the only reason to play CTF is to have fun. Not having fun? AFK. You think thats going to help CTF?

If guild team sort and trophies are taken away from CTF, there will be a LOT more AFK people in these events, for the reasons stated above.
The only reason these CTF changes make any sense is if automated events and trophies are being phased out. Is this true?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Hemperor wrote:A few things that should be removed as well, for accuracy sake. They are found within the same time frame as pet/houes trade windows and bank checks.
Saying “stop” to your pet will clear any previous commands
Monster and Animal Spawn
Untamed monsters and animals in invalid or unreachable locations will “die” after a certain amount of time. ...
Trade Window Changes
The first item was removed (quite a while ago), the second it really only a way to clean up mobs that are stuck such as mobs in dungeons behind walls etc, it's house keeping. It also keeps pool spawns balanced. We could talk a lot about how our spawn system differs from OSI, but that's a whole new can of worms, and one I someday do hope to fix.

The third will be mostly incorporated with the changes
Hemperor wrote:Also, newbied house deeds, although within the time frame, did come with into play with the introduction of a different housing system than we use here.
They did not. The housing system we use here was in play until Nov '99, House deeds were noobed in May '99.

backdown00

Post by backdown00 »

by newbiefied on the house deeds do you mean blessed or actually newbified? Difference being reds don't retain newbified items.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mephistopheles wrote:Say a 1v1 event was held. Does the loser still receive a trophy (albeit at a smaller amount)?

I'm not saying that Trophies are too difficult to come by but the above mentioned might be something for consideration if it isn't already being implemented.

As well, I believe the above formula for curing poison has the Poison Minus Magery thing backwards as stated in the linked quote...Even then, however, the formula is, blatantly and abhorrently, stupid.
In addition to completely screwing up when making the formula more consice for this thread (I appreciate the correction), we've discovered a few things that may indicate that poison underwent a small revamp with the rest of the spells and weapons in Feb '99. This bullet item was a little preliminary I guess to list so verbosely. I'm going to remove the formula for now. The most important change that will be made is that for the purpose of curing poison on a single person there is no difference in the formula between Cure and Arch Cure. This is discussed in the linked thread.
Mephistopheles wrote: If the Trammel/Fellucia system was implemented during T2A in 99, it would still be considered "accurate" to implement that here, yes but it takes from the overall atmosphere of the T2A environment that many, many players have come to enjoy.
In such a hypothectial case as we would likely have a different target date if this was the case. There are reasons we generally cut off where we do, Nov '99 was the housing change, Jan '00 was the end of precasting, so we intend to be Pre-THose. And the Meditation skill was introduced in Feb, '99, so we're Post-That.
backdown00 wrote:by newbiefied on the house deeds do you mean blessed or actually newbified? Difference being reds don't retain newbified items.
I belive they were noobied on OSI, that was the intent here.

Return to “Shard News”