Declining Murder Counts

Topics related to Second Age
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Declining Murder Counts

Post by Mikel123 »

I'm not sure why some murderers will kill an unarmed newbie character. Clearly there's no loot, so I can only assume it's to build up counts. If I decide not to give someone a count, does it still get recorded in their "kills" column?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Declining Murder Counts

Post by MatronDeWinter »

No

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Were you the naked guy macroing in ice dungeon? ^_^
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Hah, no, I was not. I always keep my newbie clothes, at least the robe, so I'm never naked. I just think it's lame for someone to build up counts by killing a guy working on his taming over and over. So, no more kill counts for him. Thanks guys.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Well, in many cases the person just wants to stop you from macroing. If you are unattended then they can kill you and ruin several hours of skill gain (for example, if you started up a macro and went to work...you get home to find you died).

At other times, people are so deep into stat loss and/or being red that theres really no point not to take a count.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

aXe

Post by aXe »

To be honest, give him as many counts as he can get. In the end it's going to be worse for him, every pk dies eventually and when he does, hes gonna be so deep in stat that he will have to either A) rez in stat and retrain the character or B) macro for days on end to get the counts off.
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

Well after a certain amount of kills you just end up losing 20% stats and skills. So Axe is right.... to a certain extent

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Yeah, I just figured if someone is getting his e-peen jollies out of building up a high kills count by killing naked people over and over... I may as well return the favor and not actually give a count. Especially if his kills is in the hundreds *cough* r- *cough* and he's almost assuredly well in stat loss anyways.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Re-training is easy.

If it's a dexxer, for example, they can just set their Anat to Down and then see-saw Herding/Snooping. If it's a mage, they can just set their Eval and see-saw Spirit or ID and Herding.

Then they regain their Anat and Eval overnight! This is assuming they sleep and aren't insomniacs.

Herding is awesome.

Anyways, I would recommend giving the counts.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Mephistopheles wrote:Re-training is easy.

If it's a dexxer, for example, they can just set their Anat to Down and then see-saw Herding/Snooping. If it's a mage, they can just set their Eval and see-saw Spirit or ID and Herding.

Then they regain their Anat and Eval overnight! This is assuming they sleep and aren't insomniacs.

Herding is awesome.

Anyways, I would recommend giving the counts.

Statloss should also be called "Skill-loss", you lose up to 20% of everything.

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

and losing 20% of magery and resist is not fun.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

All the more reason to count him.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

But most orcs don't have magery or resist ^-^
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I would imagine reds would be expendable chars, primarily campers and alts for blue characters that know your whereabouts.
Some might need you to stop taming so they can start farming monsters or players or taming themselves and the red is there just to sweep you out. Macroing Combat and healing skills to GM in a day or so is easy for a dexxer.
Some farm newbies as the cash vs risk is better.
Red campers in dungeons using ghosts as spies are one of the best ways to accomplish this. Set down a red or two for the night. Leave a ghost or two on. And a Blue or a couple could farm (whether solo or with a friend I say) until their ghost hunter(s) pick up on activity. You then log in as the PK red(s) right in the middle of combat and wipe the floor with the faces of badly damaged victims.
This is a common tactic amongst those who utilize murderers. So its best to have at least one ghost char for your do-gooder blue to scope out a place.
Utilizing your alts on other accounts is essential to enjoying the complex variety of this game. A rogue could not survive a dungeon himself.Most primary rogue chars are bank sitters if they play them out on a daily basis, but most rogues are looking for more then a handful from some poor victim's pocket. You can have a rogue tracker that hides and looks for activity in dungeons that picks locks on chests to unveal valuable loots. Or a character that has a gate macro in a town that gates you to safety in the case of trouble from within the security of a city. In no danger of being interrupted you have your escape plan secure and you can even do a fast bandage if you make them also a healer so you could return to the fight or be hastened to a new course being fully healed.
With three accounts you can choose your teams wisely and have specific purpouses for them all. having your team of three build if you're soloing it can save you alot as long as you arent afk.
I have yet to set my teams, this is something I am working on now. I am also thinking of different schemes and tactics in which to use their skills best and for what purposes on using them.
You should love your enemy because he is teaching you to evolve, making you stronger, think alot deeper. Dont get upset everything here is replaceable. Make your own theif, your own rogue, your own griefer. Learn from your enemies, grow close to your enemies...understand your enemies, learn from them.
Everyone gets hazed here. It's a way to get you involved in the fun. Where would you be without a major enemy in game?
Don't whine about the red...vow to return the favour, and make an oath to yourself to do so.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Tron

Post by Tron »

no counts pls.
V SISTERS UNITE! SAVING OUR VAJAYJAYS FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL!