Hedge maze issues.

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Hedge maze issues.

Post by GuardianKnight »

Back in the old days hedge maze spawned a balron very rarely....now i go there and it spawns one almost every time and just recently it spawned it right on top of the tower as i got there.

I lost a mare because it's also buggy to walk around and i got pinned down on what appeared to be a wall.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Hedge maze issues.

Post by Mirage »

Robot wrote:Back in the old days hedge maze spawned a balron very rarely....now i go there and it spawns one almost every time and just recently it spawned it right on top of the tower as i got there.

I lost a mare because it's also buggy to walk around and i got pinned down on what appeared to be a wall.
Maybe it's your client sir, messing with daemons/balrons is risky business I don't know why you brought a mare there. I'm guessing you've been farming there, but since it spawned on top of the tower and killed you....you want it changed now?
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I like it when they spawn inside the tower/tunnel thats the best!
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Mirage wrote:
Robot wrote:Back in the old days hedge maze spawned a balron very rarely....now i go there and it spawns one almost every time and just recently it spawned it right on top of the tower as i got there.

Maybe it's your client sir, messing with daemons/balrons is risky business I don't know why you brought a mare there. I'm guessing you've been farming there, but since it spawned on top of the tower and killed you....you want it changed now?

I see i'm being baited but i'll pass. Though i'm not wanting it changed because it got me killed ...i want it changed because i went there for demons and balrons never used to spawn hardly . It spawns mostly balrons when you finish the tower trek. This time it spawned it RIGHT as i got to the top of the tower ...which defeats the purpose if it's going to 2 hit you right as you finish the mini quest.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Dude I am telling you, I hate when demons spawn without Balrons. Balrons are not only a challenge but have better loot.
Go to wind if you want demons and dragons...just dont say a word if you get upset the dragon killed you.
I was killed by the Hedge balron today too. I have been killed by it at least two or three times. Yet I have killed it atop the tower too, many times.
No one said UO is/should be easy.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Relvinian is currently working on some very disturbing experiments in the hegde maze (Again). This is not an era accuracy issue.

If you are getting stuck in the hedge maze though, it may be your client version, post-6.x clients have some map changes in this area.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I honestly am more concerned that by doing the path and unlocking the spawn it instead of spawning where it's sposed to downstairs it spawns right on you and kills you, making it pointless to have even gone there.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I see now what you mean, looking into the why of this, but I haven't winessed it yet.

Thanks for the report.

rebel

Post by rebel »

Derrick wrote:Relvinian is currently working on some very disturbing experiments in the hegde maze (Again). This is not an era accuracy issue.

If you are getting stuck in the hedge maze though, it may be your client version, post-6.x clients have some map changes in this area.
I've been walking around the tower and through the tunnels for near 30 mins and nothing has spawned...is this normal? No monsters were there when I arrived besides the Lich and it hasn't respawned yet either...
I used to go to the maze all the time in recent months and don't remember this, but it has been awhile.

As for the balron spawning on top, it was the reason for my demise near 15 times I'm sure, but I felt like it was part of the game and a challenge.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I think the word is it was part of some kind of quest or event that was never finished or taken out for some other reason. One of my past times was springing the demons and balrons out while people were looting, setting off the trigger stealthed.

The lucky ones had a faster respawn rate because of this...and the unlucky ones died :(

When fights occured I would attack both sides with Earthquakes from inside the tower, and casting EVs on the stairs when they decided to persue me... :wink:

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”