Any ex-Chessy (98-01) players out there?

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
panthr6868
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Any ex-Chessy (98-01) players out there?

Post by panthr6868 »

Hi all! Any of you used to play Chessy? I played starting in 1998 and quit around 2001 and mainly hung around Yew Abbey.

Texy

Re: Any ex-Chessy (98-01) players out there?

Post by Texy »

Yep, I sure did. I have 3 of my friends from that server on here with me too. I had a GM smith named Flint Fireforge, A GM swordsman who was called Haplo (gm tailor too), mage Copua, and a Tamer that I can't remember the name to. I was definitely playing all of those years.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Texy wrote:Yep, I sure did. I have 3 of my friends from that server on here with me too. I had a GM smith named Flint Fireforge, A GM swordsman who was called Haplo (gm tailor too), mage Copua, and a Tamer that I can't remember the name to. I was definitely playing all of those years.
Flint... where did you hang out on chessy?

My GM Smith was Hell Angel... Delucia and Trinny were her hang outs. I think I recall some of your gear on people during town O/C wars.

Ryemus

Post by Ryemus »

I played in this time period, as Ryemus. Big on dueling scene, guild master of W*P (Wolf Pack)
Ryemus -U-

Texy

Post by Texy »

I spent a lot of time in Del too, and of course spamming Brit bank for work.

Furync

Post by Furync »

I was there too as Fury and other derivatives... Fury Nc, etc... Tamer, mage, fisherman. Had a dexxer named Shinobi too. No crafters.
Was part of OCT most of the time I was there, we hung out in Skara.

Oddly enough, I really shined once Factions came out in UO:R. Switched the tank mage to a nox mage. I had a LOT of points. And now I barely pvp at all.

Sold my account in... 02? maibe? I cant remember. About a year after UO:R came out. Made a killing $ IRL but I always regretted selling it, even if I never played again.
Furync

MatronDeWinter wrote: You're likely the only T2A accurate blacksmith on the shard. Congrats

PwNoGrApHy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by PwNoGrApHy »

I play as Spoony with my irl friend Knifey we were in Army of Darkness (AoD) For a while then eventually moved on to Oinland.

bLizTIc

Post by bLizTIc »

Yea I played on there to...had a char named Hawkeye that was around Yew a lot and others I can't remember lol...hmm gotta think on this one

kalrin2001

Post by kalrin2001 »

Yep played during those years on chessy as gogmoduim. was in atd for a bit, then some small guild set against fighting atd (cant remember the name) used to fight rabid pandas and i remember fighting aod, and i so remember flint's items floating around.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Downs

Post by Downs »

I played with DoD

Scorn, Biffy, Tharca, Tristan, all them fellas.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Furync

Post by Furync »

You guys remember the pk gang that was notorious at that time? I think Alice Cooper was the name of the most infamous one... but I'm testing my memory here... It'd be nice to see those guys here... :)
Furync

MatronDeWinter wrote: You're likely the only T2A accurate blacksmith on the shard. Congrats

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Furync wrote:You guys remember the pk gang that was notorious at that time? I think Alice Cooper was the name of the most infamous one... but I'm testing my memory here... It'd be nice to see those guys here... :)
They were J-D. It was Alice Cooper (with 4100+ counts), Ghostface, Miss Hankey, Mr. Nice Guy, Juggernaut, Plz No Why Me and others.

There was a split over the years of that group creating J-D and JDD.

Here's a link to the J-D I knew:

http://juevosdeldiablo.netfirms.com/news.html

BTW, I remember Nuclear Engineer as being on the top of the bounty board for the longest time.

jcalvert86

Post by jcalvert86 »

I distinctly remember Knifey/Spoony...

I had 3 accounts with pvp chars in literally every major guild at one point.

James (-Z- eval/fencer)
spike (nFc macer/mage)

Slippy, Slappy, Malekith, Toetag were a few chars.. usually random factions or pk.

At some point I was a part of DsR, J-D, nFc, -Z- and a few others.

I remember many damn good fights with AoD, OiN, etc.

I'll be pretty active here once I'm up and running after 2-3 weeks if anyone has a solid pvp guild. Hit me up on IRC as jcalvert86.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

i played chessy as octavious

with A*G and pk-hq