monster spawns

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

monster spawns

Post by ~|~Damaja »

i'm pretty sure the economy is screwed as it is right now, should get better but the difference between the rich and poor on this shard is enormous..maybe cuz so many new players though..

well I've noticed so far that the spawns in the dungeons are really alot more then was around in T2A. Seem to respawn a lot quicker to. I am making alot of money very very fast now. It has nothing to do with the toughness of the monsters or anything like that. But there are just way way more monsters out there then there really was on osi T2A. = a ton of fast $. UOR they basically doubled the spawns. So along with the $ dupe bug, Tram and double the spawn in dungeons the economy went to poop.

I have only been through covetous 3 and 4, shame and now fire temple. But I imagine the rest of dungeons are same?

platy

Re: monster spawns

Post by platy »

yeah thats pretty accurate, the spawns around the world are higher than original t2a (i can mainly vouch for deceit since it was a huge pvp scene, and home of the famous "bone wall"- i spent alot of time in there and the only hazardous area was the LichLord spot, and back then i think there was only one Lichlord in the dungeon..
I like the toughness of dungeons though tbh, but as you stated, harder dungeons ultimately yield higher returns (ie lotsa gold)
Its not a bid deal, as soon as the new players get goin they'll b in the mix i'm sure..

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

platy wrote:yeah thats pretty accurate, the spawns around the world are higher than original t2a (i can mainly vouch for deceit since it was a huge pvp scene, and home of the famous "bone wall"- i spent alot of time in there and the only hazardous area was the LichLord spot, and back then i think there was only one Lichlord in the dungeon..
I like the toughness of dungeons though tbh, but as you stated, harder dungeons ultimately yield higher returns (ie lotsa gold)
Its not a bid deal, as soon as the new players get goin they'll b in the mix i'm sure..
ya I was going to run around deceit cause I thought it might be out of control :) it was a huge pvp zone back in the day.

alatar

Post by alatar »

are the pvp hotspots i don't know about, or does nobody goto deciet?
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

I havent been to deceit yet but I heard its pretty hairy. That was the most laid back dungeon ever :) best pvp spot to guild war, pk, get pked, and oh ya the BONE WALL haha

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

http://picasaweb.google.com/GoDsWrathClan/MN

some nice 98-99 screenshots of a nice mellow monsterless deceit. Reason it was such a pvp hotspot was. a) Hardly any monsters b) no magic damage in town. Both which made it a common meeting place for warfare. Miss those days.