New to UOSA and have a few Qs

Moderator: Support Moderators

Masterb1

New to UOSA and have a few Qs

Post by Masterb1 »

Now if this is repetative I apologize; I looked as much as possible but was unable to draw a clear conclusion regarding my question from the forum posts.

So... I'm wondering first is there stat-loss for murderers?

2. What era are secondary skills benefitial (ie I know eval helps but does inscription help magery or does poisoning increase the chance of a strong poison while castn the poison spell?)

Those are pretty much the Qs I've been wondering. I loved UO back in the day and heard this is pretty close to that era. Have played numerous freebies and am excited for this new adventure.

Thanks for the help in advance!

-DragonsBlood

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: New to UOSA and have a few Qs

Post by Hicha »

Masterb1 wrote:So... I'm wondering first is there stat-loss for murderers?
Yes; 5 or more short term counts will get you stat loss if you've died and decide to rez.
Stat Loss Wiki
Masterb1 wrote:2. What era are secondary skills benefitial (ie I know eval helps but does inscription help magery or does poisoning increase the chance of a strong poison while castn the poison spell?)
Inscription skill does not help magery or increase damage, poisoning skill does not help increase poison spell damage, you cannot disarm with wrestling, spears don't stun/paralyze, alchemy does not increase damage, lumberjacking does not increase swords damage, etc. I can't think of any skills offhand that provide some sort of secondary effect.

Scout through the wiki if you're looking for additional answers, there is a lot of useful information. http://wiki.uosecondage.com
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Masterb1

Post by Masterb1 »

What about statloss? I have seen a few dead reds by the bank so I'm guessing there is statloss.

Also does spirit speak help anything and is necro/spellweaving also in game?

-DB

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Masterb1 wrote:What about statloss? I have seen a few dead reds by the bank so I'm guessing there is statloss.

Also does spirit speak help anything and is necro/spellweaving also in game?

-DB
Yes there is stat loss as I pointed out; if you die with 5 or more short term murder counts and rez, you'll have stat loss. It varies from 9% to 20% depending on your counts. Most murderers who die in stat will macro off their time (8 hours per count) to get back under the 5 mark so they can rez.

There is no necro/spellweaving in game.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Eval Intelligence increases spell damage and duration,
Anatomy gives combat bonuses regarding damage and aids in healing...
This is Key young GrassChomper
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Eval Intelligence increases spell damage and duration,
Anatomy gives combat bonuses regarding damage and aids in healing...
This is Key young GrassChomper
Aside from the obvious...

Masterb1

Post by Masterb1 »

Another question,

Resist; I have noticed you can cast in town and no damage/little damage to yourself. Can you macro magic resist in town or do you have to be damaged to gain?

Thanks again for the help!

-DragonsBlood

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

No gaining resist in town unless you have someone cast on you that is standing outside the guard zone while you are in the guard zone.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Masterb1

Post by Masterb1 »

Thanks for info!

-DragonsBlood

Return to “New Player Help”