Buying trophies and a few rares

Buying: Looking for something? You can buy it here.

Moderator: Trade Moderators

platypus

Buying trophies and a few rares

Post by platypus »

I am currently buying trophies (all point values, as many as you have to sell) and a few rares that I still need for my rare museum. Rares I need are:

Large vase
Arrows (the group of arrows)
Bushel
Sandstone/Marble table pieces

edit: got a few of the items over the past day
Scattered hay - was generously given to me by Blackfoot
backwards backpack and dark globe - sold to me by fwerp
Full jars (ONLY the group of 2 jars) - found for me by Lazarith
Broken chair and shackles - traded to me by Shasta McNasty - thank you everybody

To view the almost-complete Museum of the platypus, travel directly north from the ACEopolis stablemaster/war keep about 2 screens. If you are unfamiliar with the location of ACEopolis, travel north of Trinsic along the shoreline until you see a PvP arena. Runes will be given out and a thread will be made once the design of the museum is complete and all spawning rares are acquired.

If you have any of these items for sale or know someone selling them/a vendor with them, please PM me on IRC (platypus) or send me a message on here. I'm trying to make the most extensive rare museum on the shard and haven't had any luck finding these. I know the spawns, but I'd rather give a newer player the chance to make some gold than camp the spawns myself for days.

Thanks!
Last edited by platypus on Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

platypus

Re: Buying trophies and a few rares

Post by platypus »

bump -- no one has any of this for sale, even with all the rare spawns public? I'm willing to pay a lot for all these rares since they're the only ones I still need for the museum.

I'm also willing to trade a few mega rares (obsolete quest items that don't spawn anymore, etc.) for these.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

The rare spawns going public made it so rares will probably never be sold at a reasonable price ever again.
[broken image]

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

tekai wrote:The rare spawns going public made it so rares will probably never be sold at a reasonable price ever again.
Paying 30-60k for each rare doesn't seem very reasonable to me. Going public, if anything, will lower the price of some rares.

Increase supply, lower demand.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

how did supply go up? more rares arent going to start spawning now. The people who used to sell them will be getting less of them. If anyhting supply is now lowered.

I will take a look for those for you, will contact in irc if i find
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

BlackFoot wrote:how did supply go up? more rares arent going to start spawning now. The people who used to sell them will be getting less of them. If anyhting supply is now lowered.

More people will be farming these "secretly" kept rares, so instead of a handful of people monopolizing the rares with ridiculous prices, it'll be over a wider spectrum of players looking for a quick buck.

"The people who used to sell them will be getting less of them."

Exactly. ^_^
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

hiicha wrote:
BlackFoot wrote:how did supply go up? more rares arent going to start spawning now. The people who used to sell them will be getting less of them. If anyhting supply is now lowered.

More people will be farming these "secretly" kept rares, so instead of a handful of people monopolizing the rares with ridiculous prices, it'll be over a wider spectrum of players looking for a quick buck.

"The people who used to sell them will be getting less of them."

Exactly. ^_^
Get this guy an Econ degree! Correct. As competition grows and more people have a given rare, the price will approach the opportunity cost to obtain the rare.

Simply put Blackfoot... if a 60k rare takes you more than 60k of effort to obtain, and you were doing the shard a favor by monopolizing it and selling it for "only" 60k, the price of it will actually go UP.

However, as most seem to suspect... the opportunity cost for obtaining a "60k" rare is in actuality far less than that. And so, as more people have such an item, it's price will naturally fall to whatever it really costs to obtain it. My read of your reactions to this whole situation makes me think you are of the belief that this is the case as well.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I may let go of my one of a kind half piece of marble table facing south for 5 mil.

Sebben
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Sebben »

Hmm, I might let the other half of that table go for half that price!

-Seb

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

I sold one of those "one of a kind" marble halves to BOT about a month ago. Apparently they get around :roll:

Galendae

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i have an econ degree :p

your failing to realize this isnt the real world
the people now farming the rares arent selling them. Or have you not noticed that yet. The people who used to farm rares were selling them. gl

ill see what else i can find for ya. museum is lookin good.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Faust

Post by Faust »

Sebben wrote:Hmm, I might let the other half of that table go for half that price!

-Seb
Yeah, but my half is still the only half of it's kind and will still be 5 mil. :wink:

There are only four of them in existence that all face completely different directions.

Sebben
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Sebben »

Meh, not really a problem. Can buy one just like it for 100 points. Way cheaper than 5 mil! In fact, I may just do that and finish my lab.

-Seb

Faust

Post by Faust »

Those cannot be purchased through trophies.

Yes, they were on the list... but only by accident. Derrick has already stated this several months ago when the "unique" rares were spawned.

Highwaystar

Post by Highwaystar »

theres more than 4 :o