The Cult of the Midnight Wraiths (Nearing Year 10)

Here you will find guilds to join and were you may recruit members to join your Roleplaying Guild.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for post Guild Information, Recruitment and Contact Info. Do not post inflamatory remarks in other guilds threads.
Stargazer

The Cult of the Midnight Wraiths (Nearing Year 10)

Post by Stargazer »

The Cult is an RP guild that is nearing it's tenth anniversary. We were founded on the Napa Valley shard of EA Ultima Online on March 3rd of 2000. We spent several years at the core of the RP community on Napa, and eventually moved on to play several other MMOs, such as World of Warcraft, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, and Tabula Rasa.

We still have some of our original members. How ironic it is that we're at this time returning to our roots with Ultima Online.

Our guild centers around evil-aligned RP. We have created a religion based on some facets of many different RL religions. Our exposure to more RP limiting games over recent years has left us wanting a more in deapth RP experience, and we know we can get that here in UO where it all started.

Take a look at our website at the link below. We host a Ventrilo server and a modern forum setup, and we are always looking for interaction with other members of the community, especially other roleplayers.

And finally, a glimpse into the founding of the Church of Kerahl, which took place earlier tonight. Enjoy.

The Cult of Kerahl.

"...amen."
Deraj's prayer ended with his hands upon the base of the great pillar. The words "The Church of Kerahl" were engraved on all four sides of the stone. In old Britannian runes, the engraving below read "Glory and praise to the Dark Lord."

"Who else will come forward and serve Lord God tonight?" Silas asked. He raised a candle up as Deraj moved to the back of the room. A woman with long black hair stepped nervously forward.
"I have come." She said.
"Why have you come seeking Lord Kerahl?" The prophet asked.
"My words aren't fancy I'm afraid. I only know what my heart guides me to."
"Very well then child. Offer your prayers to God and lay your hands on the base of the pillar."

The girl prayed quietly, the words escaping her lips like a cold breath in winter. At last she finished, and keeping her head low she placed her hands on the base of the inscribed pillar.

Sheparding her to the back of the room, Silas noted the candle flicker as waves crashed against the cliff outside. He knelt before the pillar and cried out in a loud voice, "And at thy direction the Church has been founded, oh Lord. May Your hand guide us toward cleansing this land and the inhabitants of it. Glory and praise to you, oh Kerahl, the most great!" At that, the Prophet cut open his left hand and poured blood out onto the pillar, tracing the runic markings with his life's fluid. With another loud praise to the Dark Lord, Silas stood and wrapped his hand.

Deraj stared in disapproval at this odd ritual as the Prophet and Raven stepped outside together and mounted their horses.
Attachments
Founding the Church.JPG
Founding the Church.JPG (34.77 KiB) Viewed 2123 times
†Lord Silas Du'Vry
Prophet of Kerahl
The Cult of the Midnight Wraiths

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Cult of the Midnight Wraiths (Nearing Year 10)

Post by JoshuaLee »

This is going to be a great guild if anyone is interested in dark roleplaying this is the guild to look for.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

Galm(kB)

Post by Galm(kB) »

Don't drink the ko0laid!

Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

Indeed. However, we don't call it KoolAid. We call it "The blood of the innocent."
†Lord Silas Du'Vry
Prophet of Kerahl

Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

This is an update to our recruitment thread with additional information and detail.

The Cult (aka the Church of Kerahl) focuses mainly on RP and PvM. In this era of UO however, we're all forced to PvP, so that is an element of our guild as well.

We are still active after our first three months here. We have rebuilt our town in the same location that we used on Napa Valley UO ten years ago. In turn, our town has about ten more houses available for new members. We provide this housing on the condition that if you leave the guild or the game, you will return it to us.

We employ a ranking structure used traditionally throughout the life of the guild. As we gain more active members, formal activities and meetings will be scheduled.

If you will follow me, I will lead you; as I have lead many others.
†Lord Silas Du'Vry
Prophet of Kerahl

Return to “Guild Recruitment”