Anatomy and Eval INT skill gain is atrocious!!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Anatomy and Eval INT skill gain is atrocious!!

Post by son »

Granted, I realize the skill rate is quicker than OSI day.

But notice this, you can gm tactics quicker than anatomy, and you can gm magery quicker than eval int.

If we are striving for skill rate acuracy, then most skills here simply gm too quickly, including anatomy and evalint.

I suspect we are ignoring this, instead perhaps focusing on skill rates relative to each other, and scale them properly? Why not make it so eval int and anatomy gm at a faster rate, comparable to magery and tactics? After all, anatomy and eval int were useless skills put in by OSI, they continue to be useless skills here, but they are required for any battle builld.

I dare say they are the longest taking skill to gm out of any fighting build, even resist!!
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

alatar

Re: Anatomy and Eval INT skill gain is atrocious!!

Post by alatar »

I just started back on this server this morning. I started fresh with a brand new character, and with a simple razor macro:

Use Skill> Eval Int
Target
Wait> #
>Loop

I am already past 50 eval from 0. I don't see the problem with skill gain.. After all, it's not like your really sitting there click the skill button over & over again 10000 times are you..?
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Lor

Post by Lor »

It slows down a lot after 80...and even more after 90, but it's not too bad. Ohhh no you have to MACRO even longer! QQ

It's not like you have to sit there and do it like you used to have to..try poisoning and tell me about slow gains, or resist, or lockpicking.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

I can gm resist b4 gming anat or eval. Lockpick and poisoning are bad comparisons, why even mention that? No one thinks its weird that you can gm resist/magery/tactics faster than eval or anat?

It slows down alot after 50 alatar, and after you take stat you will really dread it.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

alatar

Post by alatar »

son wrote:I can gm resist b4 gming anat or eval. Lockpick and poisoning are bad comparisons, why even mention that? No one thinks its weird that you can gm resist/magery/tactics faster than eval or anat?

It slows down alot after 50 alatar, and after you take stat you will really dread it.
Me taking stat loss is like an annual occasion, so it's not a big concern for me.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Point stands, anatomy and eval take to long when compared to similar skills.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

20:56 < felix> anat/eval is ffffffucked
20:57 < felix> no gain in 30 min
20:57 < felix> ~96
20:57 < alatar> Eval is quite time consuming..
20:57 < alatar> I've been on it all day..
20:57 < felix> i told you
20:57 < felix> go back
20:57 < felix> to the post
20:57 < felix> and voice displeasure
20:57 < alatar> Managed to GM Swords, tact & wrestling while working eval.
20:57 < felix> DDINT I TEL LU
20:57 < felix> dfjkadfkljadf
20:57 < alatar> yeah but you have to consider
20:57 < alatar> that you only get a chance to gain eval every 10 secs
20:58 -!- OdintheBlacksmith [fn-javacha@ip68-7-181-232.sd.sd.cox.net] has joined
#secondage
20:58 < alatar> melee skills have a chance to gain at a much faster rate
20:58 < felix> so tweak gain %

alatar

Post by alatar »

alatar wrote:I just started back on this server this morning. I started fresh with a brand new character, and with a simple razor macro:

Use Skill> Eval Int
Target
Wait> #
>Loop

I am already past 50 eval from 0. I don't see the problem with skill gain.. After all, it's not like your really sitting there click the skill button over & over again 10000 times are you..?
While my previous statement about Eval being a simple skill to macro still stands, I will say that I have been working this skill since I freshly rejoined UOSA.. That time comes to just over 30ish hours now, and at a steady rate of 1 skill-usage every 10 seconds, I have only managed to come to this:

Evaluating Intel... 94.4 94.4 +2.1 100.0

Simultaneously training as many skills as I can at one time, I managed to acquire all of this in the same amount of time..

Tactics 100.0 100.0 0.0 100.0
Swordsmanship 100.0 100.0 0.0 100.0
Wrestling 100.0 100.0 0.0 100.0

Not to suggest that the skill is inaccurate in the skill gain rate, but was such a drastic loss in gain intentional?
#1 PK Guild on T2A

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

All I know is this, I recall talking to Loops about this maybe 4mo ago. One day with no warning anat/eval and other lore skills were changed to 6 second delay.

Even then lore gain was tough.

But within the last 2-3 publishes it was put back to 10 seconds, because the 10 second delay is indeed acurate. So someone knew that lore gain was perhaps too tough in comparison to the other skills, but did not want to tweak the gain algorithm.... so they changed to 6.

Now we have this.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I agree that the melee gains are out of line with other gain rates, as mentioned in other threads on the subject it's being looked at. Our intention is to have skill gain rates near to OSI. I agree that we're not there yet.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

So instead of making anat/eval easier ur gona make melee harder :/

Lor

Post by Lor »

Anat/Eval are plenty easy, maybe you're just doing it wrong, and resist/poisoining/lockpicking are all harder and thus valid skill to bring up. Anat/Eval were definitely the least of my worries.

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

if your skill is stuck, go take a dirt nap

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

son wrote:So instead of making anat/eval easier ur gona make melee harder :/
im sure im not the only one who remembers EI and Anat being very very slow on OSI. They were the easiest skills to macro...OSI most likely realized this when they introduced them.

I seem to remember macroing all night on OSI for a couple tenths in the upper 90s.

Yes, combat gains are way too fast here. See the tactics discussion post for info on that (Gming archery and fencing in less than 12 total hours..)

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

WTF at people suggesting im "doing it wrong".

Its a TIME issue, can you understand? It looks like it might take 2-3 days to gm eval int here. 2-3 days!